I Think I Have Anxiety And I'm Not Sure How To Address It

"I don't speak to anyone about it because I don't like talking about it myself."

119
https://unsplash.com/photos/swIiaSf5qhc

I get anxious about a lot in my life and I am not quite sure what to do about it. I don't think I need to go on medication because I don't think it's serious enough to be put on medication for it. I have seen a therapist when I was in high school and I think that helped so maybe that is what I will do. I have struggled with it a lot this summer which I am not entirely sure why but it has brought my mood down and I have noticed a difference within myself entirely.

My anxiety might have to do with the school which I am taking a summer class so that could potentially be it. I do get very anxious when it comes to school work and it almost eats me alive because I get stressed over it. I honestly think it's because I want to succeed but I shouldn't be getting anxious about it. I also think I bottle everything up inside of me and then kind of explode when I hit a certain point.

I have just realized it this summer because I would never explode ever in the past. I think it has to do with my mood and being so sensitive to certain things. It also could have to do with school and being far from home and not liking that part. I don't speak to anyone about it because I don't like talking about it myself. I just think I think way too much into everything and that is what causes me to get anxious. I know anxiety is common with college kids but I actually think I have some sort of a case of it. I think talking to someone will help because I can express how I feel but I don't know if that will stop me from getting anxious, to begin with. It also could be in my head because I get in my head a lot. I just don't what to do about it.

I've had to take medication for my anxiousness in the past but that was because of my attention disorder and now I think I need it for a mild case of anxiety. I can't explain what is causing my anxiety but I know it has to do with school, family, friends, and life. Some days I will get anxious and not have a panic attack but I will just get really worked up. This is extremely painful as I can't do anything about it and just need to calm down. It doesn't last long but I just stress myself out and kind of freak out. I talk to my friends about it sometimes but it is hard to talk about with anyone. It is apart of a lot of people's lives and I will just have to live with kind of barrier but it doesn't bother me because it has made me into who I am today, and I'll only get stronger.

"Just cause I can't explain my feelings causing my anxiety, doesn't make them less valid" -Lauren Elizabeth