How the USA Is Quietly Accepting Dictatorship

I won't stand for it and neither should you.

16
LA Times

If I'm in a plane, I wish my pilot the best. I don't want them to crash. My safety depends on them. If my pilot is just pretending to be a pilot so he can crash the plane for his own silly purposes, I'll be storming the cabin.

To anyone who as ever said: "Give him a chance," regarding Trump, I will not. I will not give him a chance. Not anymore. It was evident in just two business days that he was nose diving this plane of ours into a volcano. So I will storm the cabin, type until my fingers ache, and scream until I have no voice left.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

Our president is a madman. He creates a fake reality for himself and makes choices based on his version of reality rather than the truth. He is disrespectful. In his campaign he spared no group, vulnerable or otherwise, a personal attack. He mocked disabled people, queer people, people of color, women and so on. He has been accused in the double digits of sexual assault, and in many cases, accused of assaulting children.

That's all just icing on the fact that he can't fly the plane.

All pages on climate change -- a dangerous, catastrophic, potentially humanity ending phenomenon observed by scientists and countries the world over -- have been removed. The pages on LGBTQ issues have been removed. Only available in English, my friends. Our nation built on diversity serves only the straight, English speaking, clouded minds of the country.

We are better than this. We are better than a politician who hides information from us. Taking information out of view is not political. It's evil.

There is a government ordered media blackout on the EPA and all related organizations. NASA. National Parks. Everything. They are not allowed to send out information, be covered by media organizations, or budge in any fashion under Trump's order. The organizations that protect our country as we know it could very well be quietly dying at the hands of a dictator.

Media blackouts are the acts of a dictator. Removing pages with vital scientific information? A dictator does that. We are allowing a dictator to come to power. He's using the distress of those who will buy into his rhetoric just like Adolf Hitler once used the toil of the Germans to create a society where only the "pure" were allowed to exist.

Hitler, Putin, Stalin, Mao? They'd be proud of Trump.

They'd gawk, maybe. They'd wonder: Why didn't I try to build a wall?

Trump issued two executive orders, among about fifteen, that prove his lack of fitness for leadership. He ordered a federal hiring freeze. Then he ordered the hiring of 5,000 new border patrol officials and construction officials to build a wall between Mexico and the United States.

Clueless.

Aside from that, we are not a nation of walls. Walls get broken by us. We eliminate borders and create safety for those who would come to us. Our very nation was founded on escape from tyranny and establishment of new life. A wall is waste of money and resources which could be directed to bettering immigration for all parties.

After month upon month of hard fought, emotional protest by the natives and allies of Standing Rock, the Dakota Access Pipeline will be pushed forward. By our dictator. We know pipelines leak. Always. In a matter of time. Our dictator has signed off on poisoning that water supply that we, that Standing Rock, that our planet depends on for stability.

None of these actions were reached via the power of congress voting and representing its constituents.

None.

If you don't believe we as a nation are in crisis, you're not paying attention.

Storm the cabin.

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—

Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

- Martin Niemoller