What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do

Don't just stand by and watch your Twitter feed refresh. Go out and do something!

17
Freemakeblogpool

We all have those days when we find ourselves staring at the wall contemplating what to do for the rest of the day. In honor of the long weekend we all just had, here are some things to do when you don't know what to do.

1. Work out

This is kind of an obvious one, but sometimes when you don't know what to do, just blow off some steam and go for a walk or do a short workout. Unfortunately, I don't practice what I'm preaching, but for some people, it's a great way to keep busy! I know if I was this girl in the picture, I would definitely NOT be as happy as she seems to be.

2. Watch a Movie

This is probably my favorite thing in the world to do, any time. The nice thing about movies is that you can watch them anywhere and at any time. You don't have to go to the theatre to watch a good flick, but of course that's an option. But, having movies at home makes it super convenient, and it's an easy thing to do when you're hanging out with friends.

3. Target

OK, this one might be just me, but I find Target to be a VERY entertaining place. I did an article a few weeks ago about why Target is the place to go, so check it out here if you're interested. With Target, you can send hours browsing all of the stuff they have, and chances are, you'll spend more money than you initially planned on spending. So, if you don't want to spend money, be aware of that, but they have a great magazine aisle and movie aisle, so you can browse their selection, and I definitely think you could spend a good hour or so there.

4. Clean

I know some of you are going to roll your eyes on this one, but I'm just saying. Every now and again, it's nice to thoroughly clean your room and get rid of things you don't need. I love the feeling of a clean room after I'm done with it, and it makes me put in more of an effort to keep it that way. If you're doing a good job, this could take at least an hour, so that's another productive option.

5. Read a good book

This is a great, relaxing activity to do. You don't have to read a book necessarily, but find a magazine to catch up on all of the new Hollywood gossip, there's tons of different things to read every day! It engages your brain so you aren't just staring at a screen for a change, and it's nice every once in awhile. Maybe catch up on the new Harry Potter book, eh?

6. Hang out with friends

This should be an easy one! We live in a time where you can just send your friend a quick text message to see what they're up to instead of planning weeks in advance. Text your group of friends and see if maybe they want to go see a movie or just come over and talk. Grab a bite or just some coffee and maybe discuss how school is going or how it's going with their new (or soon to be new) beau.

7. Volunteer!

Why not use your extra time to help others? Look on your local non-profit websites and see if any organization needs some hoping hands! In my area there is a website my school runs with United Way called Volunteer Fox Valley, and people from the Fox Valley area can go on, create a profile, and find different volunteer opportunities geared towards their interests! It makes finding a volunteer opportunity a whole lot easier! There's also volunteermatch.org that does a similar thing on a more national level!

8. Go to a local Forest Preserve

Forest Preserves are a great resource to have in the community! There are different trails to hike, places to fish, and sometimes even different special events to attend. Make sure to take advantage of this resource, and take an afternoon to just be alone around nature and think and reflect on your life. See if there are any cool things they have going on, and invite your friends! Even if it's just a small park, take an hour to walk around and appreciate what you have around you.

9. Pinterest

No, I'm not saying to go on Pinterest and waste hours of your day pinning pictures of your celebrity crush (literally me), but do go on Pinterest and maybe find a recipe that yo might want to try and cook or a workout you want to try. Pinterest is the HUB for finding ideas, so as long as you have some self-control (unlike me), browse on this site for some awesome unique ideas.

10. Explore

Grab some friends, or just go by yourself, but take a mini road trip to a place you've never been that's a couple hours away from home. There are tons of cute downtowns that you can check out, or go to a place in the middle of nowhere that has great views! It's always great to explore new places you've never been before, or even if you go to a place you haven't been to in a while, take advantage and do something instead of sitting at home watching your Facebook timeline refresh every two minutes.