6 Things You Need To Do To Prepare For The Disney College Program

The countdown is on.

215

One month. That is all the time I have left until I check into the Disney College Program. I have been planning for this program for the past 5 months and it seemed like so far away . Now it's here; well 30 days away. Although this month is going to drag by, I have devised a plan to keep me busy until I get to Orlando.

1. Packing

This might seem obvious, but it's a lot more work than I would have thought. I will be sharing a closet and dresser with another girl and will have up to eight people in my apartment. That is a lot of girls and a lot of stuff. I have a lot of stuff. So maybe I overpack? You never know what you might need, just in case.

2. Arts and Crafts

There are so many different types of projects you could do to keep yourself busy. Now is a good time to work on your roommate gifts. There is a good chance you have really gotten to know your roommates by now, so your gifts can really mean something. Another idea is painting your bucket list on a big canvas, as a souvenir, or make an autograph book for all of the characters! My suggestion is to check out pinterest for some amazing ideas.

3. Eating at your favorite hometown spots

There are so many great places at Disney to eat, but there is nothing like that local sandwich shop or that taco truck in your home town. Go eat. Eat everywhere and with everyone you know. Say your goodbyes that you need to and enjoy that good ole' food.

4. Keep a blog

Blogging is great. Its a great way to talk about your adventures while your in Disney, but its also a great way to keep busy until you get there. Write a few "pre-disney" blogs, such as how you are preparing for the program, or why you chose to apply. This will also get your viewers high before you even get to the program and now you'll be able to reach more people.

5. Talk to your roommates ALL THE TIME

Message them. Call them. Facetime. However you want to do it, talk to your roommates all of the time. Get to know them and see how you match. It is a lot more fun waiting for something when you have a bunch of people to do it with. This is also great to start planning who is bringing what and how you want to decorate the apartment! Get to know your roommates so when you get there, you already love them.

6. Learn EVERYTHING you can about Disney

Memorize the parks, the resorts, Disney Springs, all of it. Figure out where you want to eat and go ahead and make reservations (I suggest downloading the app.) Watch all of the Disney movies you haven't seen since you were a kid, or maybe have never seen. Decide what rides you want to do first and go ahead and grab your fast passes. Learn about Walt Disney himself and how he created such a magical company. Walt before Mickey is a great movie to give you an insight on his life. Just learn everything.