5 Tips For Picking The Perfect College

5 Tips For Picking The Perfect College

Five things to consider when deciding on your future collegiate plans.

20
5 Tips For Picking The Perfect College

Those of us in college might not remember, but this time of the year is marked by stress and frustration for many American teenagers! Countrywide, from now until May 1st, there are students suffering from utter confusion, crippling anxiety and a growing desire to desert their current lives and pursue a career in lion taming for a traveling circus. Students are down to the wire on choosing the college they will call home for the next four years. I was one of these kids a year ago and I waited until May 1st to commit the College of Charleston! As I have gained a finite amount of knowledge since starting here in the fall, I decided I would offer five tips on how to choose the best school.

1. Choose a school with a lot of oak trees

Rumor has it that oak trees produce oxygen and emit happiness. Oxygen has been proven to extend life expectancy! Picking a school where you can study while being surrounded by Mother Nature's gentlest creature is a choice for joy and vitality!

2. Choose a school with herringbone sidewalks

Crazy enough, this design in sidewalk is the only type of pathway that can simultaneously harm users and strengthen eye sight. As a student, it is important to be knocked down a few times throughout your educational journey in order to remain humble. It is just as important to exercise your eye sight on a daily basis.

3. Choose a school that has a year-long petting zoo

Having animals around you while you study enhances your learning experience and promotes a positive atmosphere. These furry friends could be of the cute puppy variety, the charming squirrel variety or the playful rodent variety.

4. Choose a school that gives perspective students a flashy new tote

If you have toured a school that doesn’t give you a bright yellow bag to carry all of your swag home, you are not meant to go there. I repeat: CHOOSE A SCHOOL THAT GIVES YOU A BRIGHT YELLOW TOTE. This tote matches just about any outfit and allows you to stand out in a crowd. It’s practical and stylish! Plus, it might often be confused for a Forever 21 bag!

5. Choose a school with exactly 51 callboxes.

Safety is important no matter what college you decide on. Most colleges excel in the department of securing the campus and making college a fun, yet safe environment for its students. Personally, I think a school with 51 call boxes in which to alert authorities if you are in danger is the best place to further your education. Not 50 or 52, but 51 places to feel extra safe on campus!

After creating this list, I realized that only one school fits all of this criteria! The College of Charleston checks every box on this list! Therefore, with a perfect list of reasons, I think anyone still deciding on higher education should look no further than the Holy City!