15 People Told Me How They Met Their Significant Other And Their Answers Will Make You Feel Single AF

How did you and your boo meet?

204

I personally love asking couples how they met because I love hearing the different stories. Some of them are simple like meeting in school and some people have stories where they met in crazy ways. If you're a hopeless romantic like me, you'll melt reading these stories. I decided to ask 15 of my friends to tell me how they met their significant other and how long they've been dating.

This is what they had to say:

1. "I swiped right"

"I saw him on Bumble and I swiped right. I remember I texted you talking about how nervous I was before meeting up to go to dinner at Hurricanes with him. We've been dating for a year and a month."

2. "We had mutual friends on Myspace"

"We had mutual friends on Myspace and exchanged numbers and talked for a while, getting to know each other. We met up at the mall and we became official that day. That was in 2009. We've been together ever since and now we're getting married next year!"

3. "He came to my cat's birthday party"

"One of my best friends went to college with him and introduced us on Facebook. We were talking for a few months on Facebook, and when I threw a birthday party for my cat, I invited him. He drove down from Gainesville to come to this party and we ended up getting together. My boyfriend and I have been together for three years."

4. "I've been with myself for 25 years"

"Well I really met myself around 23 but we've been together for a little over 25 years now. Lots of ups and downs but I'm hoping for another 60 years!"

5. "When we met, I almost punched him in the face"

"So, I moved here in 2014 for a restaurant opening, and my now husband, Scott, had been hired as a bar back at the time. I moved down here from GA with one of my friends, and we worked the bar together. Bartending definitely gave me thick skin, but it also taught me to stay on my toes. Whenever I go out to a club or something, I will not hesitate to cock my fist back and throw a punch if some guy is feeling ballsy enough to come up behind me and grab my ass. So my friend and I were working the bar one night, and she playfully came up behind me and swatted me on the ass. I started to turn to my left, and she ran behind me on my right, so I never even saw her go by. Of course, I hadn't known it was her and that caught me VERY off guard, so as I'm turning my hand is coming up in a fist, ready to pop whoever just smacked me. Scott just happened to be behind me when I turned around, and immediately his eyes got big and his arms went up, and he started exclaiming, "NO! NO! IT WASN'T ME!" Then I hear my friend cracking up on the other side of me, telling me it was her. When Scott and I read our vows to each other, they both started, "When we met, I/you almost punched me in the face." We've been together for 4 years, married for a little over one."

6. "We met at a party"

"I met my girlfriend at a party. My roommate's sister was friend with my now girlfriend's sister and they all came to the party. When we met, we started talking to each other nonstop. Eventually, she became one of my friend and then we were good friends and then became my girlfriend. We've been talking to each other every day and we've been going out for almost two year."

7. "We met at the basketball courts"

"So I went with my brothers and (now) sister-in-law to a local basketball court here in my hometown because the guys were wanting to play ball. When we got there I noticed Wilson (my hubby) on the courts and made a comment to my sister-in-law about him being cute. Us girls oooh-ed and ahh-ed, made jokes, and were downright ridiculous as the guys played. I was forced by my sister-in-law and her sister to walk over to the bench where Wilson was to get their snacks that they "left". When I walked over (wearing an FGCU shirt) he asked me if I went to FGCU or just supported them. Mind you this was the year FGCU went to the Sweet 16 and got beat by the University of Florida and he is a HUGE Gators fan. I told him I went there and we had some smack talk bantering before he returned to playing. A little while later, my brothers were playing their last game and Wilson's knee was "bothering him" ( I found out later was just a reason to come sit and talk to me). We chatted while the game was going on and my sister-in-law tried to snap a picture of him to send to my best friend. Wilson caught her and made a comment about it and I was 100% SURE he would NEVER speak to me again because it was a creeper move. As we went to leave that night my brother walked by as we were leaving and told Wilson to get my number because I was going to be too afraid to ask for his. We exchanged numbers and I left. Funny thing is I never told him my name that night so he literally didn't know my name once he left there. We have been together for five and a half years total. Dated for three (two being long distance while we were away in college) and have been married for two and a half years and are expecting our first baby, a sweet little girl, in February."

8. "We were both in relationships when we met"

"I was dating someone and my now girlfriend was engaged to someone else"

9. "I kept asking her out with cannolis"

"She was working at the hospital and I was always coming in with criminals, so I would see her all the time. I thought she was cute. I kept bringing her cannolis until she agreed to go to dinner with me. We're going to be together 31 years this December."

10. "We met at a convention"

"We met at a Shomrim Society Convention in Miami in 2004. He says we met three years prior at a Shomrim dinner. He said I told him he looked handsome in his tux. I told him I probably told that to half the men there. I don't remember that at all. It will be 14 years together in December."

11. "It was a blind date"

"It was a blind date. Our parents were at a mutual friend's daughter's wedding and they had been set up on a blind date. So when everyone heard this story, the whole table decided to set up a shiddach (arranged marriage). Scott and I got set up and it was an instant love match. Married 30 years last March!"

12. "We met on Match.com"

"I was recently divorced after 20 years. Six months later, a friend dared me to check out Match.com. I saw this dude and checked him out. His profile said,'If you are a cat fisher or crazy, and you know who you are, don't respond'. I thought that was funny. I looked at his pictures and saw his cat and just responded, 'I like your cat.'"

13. "We were both in a cappella groups"

"Taylor and I met in college because we were both in a cappella groups (it was a pitch perfect match). We had met in passing before but the first time we really met was actually the night FSU won the national championship. My friend Sammy and I spent half of the night trying to figure out where to go and none of our plans seemed to work out. I mean, it was strange because we had a lot of options and none of them seemed to work out. So it was about halfway through the game when we were invited by a friend to go to his dorm room to watch it. Taylor was there, we got to talking, and the rest was history! We have been together for about 4.5 years and we're getting married!"

14. "We met on Tinder"

"I had just moved back home after graduating college, and had downloaded Tinder to find people to swipe right with. He had moved back down from Georgia with his family and had done the same. We matched, met for a movie, and spent so much time talking and getting to know each other we missed the first 15 minutes! We've been together ever since. We're together for two years."

15. "We met in a college course and bonded over our love for music"

"We both met at FGCU in one of the most random ways possible. It was during that time when everyone had to take civic engagement, where they rounded up all the majors and corralled them into a class where everyone seemingly loathed, but eventually (kind of) loved it. To me it was another hump to crawl over before I graduate. She sat behind me, and we were lumped in groups based on what our interests were. Everyone had the very basic things (coffee, nature, the ocean, horses and animals). I had originally scribbled on my paper that I wanted to help panthers, but as I looked around I saw that she was the only one who scribbled "music". Me, being a musician and music lover, quickly scratched out "panther" and put "music". Instantly we became friends and I later found out she is a classical musician from Turkey (my love for girls with accents grew wider). We then formed a group with another person and had the idea to build a stage together at Artful Gardens Play Park (now closed). But her side of how we met is more interesting, given the fact that she was strictly a music major, and had not ever taken a basic general education course. She told me that she stayed up the night before registering for classes and needed to take civic engagement, and all the slots were full. She almost gave up, but decided to not be lazy and try one last time and presto, she was in the class and her life was changed forever. We would have never ever in a million years crossed paths because of our differing majors.

Originally, after we finished the group project for civic engagement, I got to really like her. So being bold and brave I asked her out on the day before Valentine's Day, and guess what? She rejected me! She stated that we were friends and all that stuff, didn't see it how I saw it, but still wanted to be friends. I still wanted to be friends too, so we texted and talked all summer long until one day she realized that "hey, this guy actually cares about me and is a genuine guy. He's the kind I would look for in a relationship." So she came back from visiting her family abroad and I picked her up from Ft. Lauderdale airport and planned to kiss her that night. Boom, boyfriend and girlfriend. We have been dating for two and a half years now, and moved together in a decently sized apartment in Michigan. I followed her out here because she's getting her masters, and it's been the best life changing event I have ever done. I risked a lot to move to a different state with a woman I love, and it's been challenging and rewarding at the same time."