How Many Text Messages Are Too Many?

How Many Text Messages Are Too Many?

Don't over do it.

6439
How Many Text Messages Are Too Many?
Flickr

How Many Text Messages Are Too Many?

Listen up folks because a serious issue is about to be discussed. Though it may seem very simple there are many rules and regulations when it comes to texting. If you are not very acquainted with the art, yes the art of texting then I am here to give you the scoop on it.

You can take this as my texting 101-course syllabus.

There is one important thing that needs to be taken into account before sending that message whether it be the initial message or in the middle of a conversation. That one thing is how many messages will be sent.

Every once in a while I ask myself if five to ten messages are too much and then quickly throw the thought out of my head and send the message anyways, but a sliver of kindness fell upon me and I chose to think of how the person on the other side of the phone might feel. Everyone might not be very happy when they hear their phone bling five times in a row.

The simplest way of finding out a good cut off for a number of text messages you sent is easy. First is if you get a text back. Some people may feel overwhelmed when they open their inbox and see 526 messages and just not even bother to read them.

Another way of finding out how many text messages are too many is if that person has their read receipts on and you see that they’ve opened or read the messages and you still get no response. Just take that as a sign that they either one, aren’t very fond of you or two you sent too many messages. This, of course, pertains to IPhone users only, sorry Androids.

Now, if that person does respond to your messages and they didn’t address certain topics in the text you sent it’s probably because there were too many different things discussed to respond to them. There are other reasons as to why the person doesn’t address all questions and topics as well, but let’s just assume that you are in good standing with your texting buddy.

The final and most clear way to know a good limit on sending text messages is if that person says, “Hey, you send too many text messages at once”. Don’t take offense, just maybe cut down to 525 instead of 526.

To my friends who have a significant other, there is no limit on the text messages, especially in an argument. Let their inbox be forever filled.