Here's Why You Should Never Give Up The Job Search in 2017

The millennial world today.
1135

So, here it goes. The same old story. You know, the one that comes with each rejection email after applying for every job imaginable. Even jobs that have no relation to your dreams or your experience. At this point, you have applied to every entry level position; I'm talking about the administrative position at the front desk of a gym, down to Mr. Peter's Pizza Place located down the street. Even they rejected you!

Oh, but let's not forget those messages from those sketchy job sites/cold callers that have "personally" reached out to you! How is it that my Editorial background stood out to you for the role of "Financial Advisor" that you are looking to fill? How many names did you click to send this stupid message to, HM?

You know something, those messages almost made my stomach drop in excitement because for a split second, I thought somebody finally noticed my skill-set. After one hundred job applications and cover letters sent out in the past month, you'd think somebody would respond, but nope. Not in 2017.

Being a professional in 2017 doesn't mean taking the advice from that really great "Find Your Dream Career" magazine. Nor does it mean wording your email in a specific way to aesthetically appeal to the recruiter behind the computer screen. In 2017, being a professional means being born into a family that has tons of connections. It means knowing the right people and being talented to fit the role those people need. Honestly, I hate to sound cynical, but this is what I've learned through my job search (and no, I have not found anything worth while yet, incase you're wondering).

However, please don't misconstrue my negativity for hopelessness. I'm getting there, I promise.

Now that you've heard the truth about acquiring a professional career in this year of 2017, I will let you in on the secret to staying afloat and not giving up. I especially will fill you in on how not to give a F***K about recruiters, saying the right thing at the right time, and molding yourself into a cooker cutter tray that you were not meant to fit into. You, my darling, were born to stand out and let me tell you, just as the right relationship will find you if it hasn't already, the right job will come knocking at YOUR door.

Don't get down on yourself. No job will hire you in 2017 without experience. In order to get experience you need experience. Well recruiters, I'm sorry. That's not what I think. I think that students study in school to attain their degree, and once they receive it, their EDUCATION qualifies them for the position. What would you have liked us to do? Have a professional career while studying? I'm sorry, but most of the time, it doesn't happen like that. Especially if you are not a billionaire or born into a networking pool of successors.

The best advice I can give is this: 2017 is the year where your work ethic plays a vital role in whether or not you attain success. Whether or not you are successful relies solely on this fact, I promise you. The naysayers are the ones who, probably, gave up and settled for the first thing that came their way.

Although I am not saying that beggars can necessarily be choosers, I am saying that each and every one of us are way more in control than we think we are. However, this year of 2017 makes becoming a professional that much harder. Does this mean you back away from the challenge? I don't know. I don't know you or your personality, but I do know that the millennials who NEVER give up will get what they want, eventually. The world today is all about the hustle and let me tell you, if you want it, you'll hustle. There is no specific time it should come, it just will. Especially if you never (and I do mean NEVER) give up.

No matter how good your resume is, it's about how hard you work and how good the work you produce, is. It's about being at the right place at the right time and throwing your line into the depths of the large, corporate ocean and increasing your chances of a bite.

Take risks, reach out to people (don't expect a response, either) and put yourself out there. Trust me, you don't look stupid or desperate. Well, maybe you do look desperate in some instances and hey, that's fine! NEWSFLASH! You are desperate and they know that.

So, if you can't beat them, join them. Give in to your desperation, but never settle for less than what you deserve.

All in all, keep your head up, my fellow millennials who are entering the professional realm for the very first time. Your voice will be heard and I promise you, you will find your place in this crazy world.