How I Feel About The Zodiac Signs

How I Feel About The Zodiac Signs

Everyone except Gemini, Leo, and Capricorns are invited to the cookout.

103
How I Feel About The Zodiac Signs
Lottoisc

There’s a certain stigma around astrology. If you tell a normal person that you read your horoscope and are interested in astrology, they’re probably going to think you’re a nut who allows your beliefs of the stars to dictate how you live your life. While this may be true for some extremists, it’s not true for the majority.

For me, astrology started out as a fun, interesting topic that I would see occasionally on my Tumblr. Astrology blogs would post rankings like, “Most to least likely to win in a fight,” or lists like, “Signs that are tough on the outside but weak on the inside.” It wasn’t until earlier this year that I began to learn more about each sign, along with the full extent of birth charts.

I found that components of astrology tend to be true. For instance, as a Taurus, some of my closest relationships have been with Pisces, Cancer, and Libra – signs that tend to have high to moderate compatibility with my sign. Sure, astrology might be considered a pseudoscience, but it’s fun to see how it applies in everyday life.

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my feelings toward each sign from my friends, so I decided to sum it up by writing my general experiences with each sign.

Aries: I’ve only been close to a couple Aries, with only one fitting the stereotypes. So I’m basing this entirely off of her. This sign’s energy almost feels like the polar opposite of mine – I am very low energy and lazy, whereas Aries are constantly going. I envy how they never seem to tire out and how they light up at the mere notion of spontaneity.

Taurus: I’m a little biased because this is my own sign, so my experiences with other Taureans are generally all positive since we are so alike. We might be lazy and stubborn as hell, but we’re also the most loyal people you will ever meet. But we’re not loyal to everyone; we are loyal just to people with whom we have formed close connections and people who have proven to us that they deserve our trust. Backstabbing a Taurus and going back on that loyalty is the worst decision you could ever make.

Gemini: Ah, yes. The worst sign. This is the most universally hated sign to the point where it has become a meme and it’s not baseless. I’ve only met a few Geminis that I can tolerate and, even then, I have to bite my tongue. Indecisive, unpredictable, and flaky are the three best words to describe your typical Gemini. Oh, they also don’t listen to you. They don’t listen to advice even if they go to you first for help. Burn in hell, Geminis, especially Donald Trump.

Cancer: I’ve been extremely close with several Cancers. I believe that they are supposedly Taurus’ first or second highest compatible sign and, from my experiences, I can see why. They may arguably be the most sensitive sign which can lead to misunderstandings and easily hurt feelings, but they’re also the best signs to share long, emotional talks. No one can understand my feelings better than a Cancer.

Leo: If you’ve ever heard “The Sound” by The 1975, you’ll recognize the lyric, “It’s not about reciprocation, it’s just all about me.” That is the epitome of a Leo. Leos ultimately only care about one person at the end of the day: themselves. If the conversation is steering away from any topic that isn’t about them, they panic. Often times, they care too much about what other people think of them to the point where they will adjust their image to one that will be positively received. Narcissism at its finest.

Virgo: Truthfully, I didn’t realize that I knew and was close with a few people from this sign until a few months ago. Being a fellow Earth sign, I already feel a connection, but Virgos are basically Taurus’ long lost twins. I feel like whenever I talk to a Virgo, our conversation goes along the lines of:

Me: *short anecdote of something that happened and how I felt about it*
Virgo: SAME
Virgo:*short anecdote of something that happened and how they felt about it*
Me: OK ME

Cancers may be able to understand my emotions the best, but Virgos will ultimately understand everything else even better.

Libra: My best friend from high school is a Libra, and two of my close Internet friends are Libras. They all fit the stereotype so well it’s almost disgusting: they have an eye for aesthetics that can’t be beat. My high school friend is the artsiest person I know, one of my Internet friends is basically a makeup guru, and the other one is someone who I had always gone to for fashion advice. I vibe with this sign extremely well and have never had a bad experience with Libras in general.

Scorpio: Scorpios hold a spot in my top five signs for sure. My best friend all throughout middle school was a Scorpio, I had the biggest crush on one throughout my junior year of high school and I dated one as well. Needless to say, all three of these connections were special to me. Getting along with a Scorpio has never been a problem for me. What I admire most about them is their charisma. How they are able to make friends and be the most interesting person in the room with so little effort. Nearly every description I have read about this sign is that they are ~dark~ and ~mysterious~ and ~sex freaks~, but this is the one stereotype with which I’d disagree. Maybe it’s just my personal experiences, but they’re not very mysterious. Just a little closed-off at times yet wonderful when they open up.

Sagittarius: I’ve had mixed experiences with Sags. I have definitely clashed with this sign several times, but, at the end of the day, all is well. Despite the fact that I have been friends with a good amount of Sags, I would never be able to come up with an accurate description, mainly because they all act differently. There are slight similarities, but none that pop out so boldly that I can pick them out with ease.

Capricorn: This sign absolutely does not deserve to be an Earth sign with Taurus and Virgo. Earth signs are supposed to be dependable and they’re supposed to be steady. Capricorns are the complete opposite of that; they’re sporadic, they’re spontaneous, and they’re unpredictable. They are the Gemini of the Earth sign. I don’t trust them and I find myself often getting annoyed with them. There have been exceptions, but there are few. If the zodiac signs were on Survivor and I could vote someone off of the island, I’d probably vote Capricorn (after voting Gemini off first, of course.)

Aquarius: Aquarians are also a sign that I know little to nothing about. I only have one friend with this sign and had a crush on an Aquarius many years ago, but they don’t share any similar traits. The Air signs in general tend to be difficult for me to describe, minus Libra. Perhaps they will grow on me one day, though.

Pisces: The biggest crybabies of the zodiac but also one of my favorite signs. My best friend is a Pisces as well as several other close relationships I’ve had. Like Cancer, this is a sign that I feel comfortable spilling my emotions to—and that’s hard to get me to do. If I’m ever in need of a good emo cry session, Pisces are absolutely who I am going to call first.