How Did EFL Players Fare at the World Cup?

Sky Bet EFL players at the World Cup

4

If you are wondering how did EFL players fare at the World Cup this year, you have come to the right place. Here, you can learn about some of the biggest stars in the game and the impact of the World Cup on their thinking.Watford's wingerThe Senegalese national football team have named Ismaila Sarr in their squad for the Africa Cup of Nations. The 22-year-old winger is expected to feature in the competition alongside Sadio Mane and Iliman Ndiaye.Sarr has been a star performer at Watford during his time at the club. He made his first-team debut in January last season, scoring five goals. He has also featured in the U23 team.However, his performances are not always as impressive as he could have been. The winger has recently been plagued by injury and is not expected to be fit until early next month. As a result, Watford have struggled to keep their top players.Gerard Deulofeu is currently on loan at the club from Barcelona. He has been one of the players who has helped Watford fight for their survival this season. The player has scored four goals and provided five assists. He is also a regular in Spain's international squad.Christian Pulisic's three-time winner of the EFL World Cup awardChristian Pulisic, an American, is the youngest captain of the modern United States national team. He plays in an attacking midfield position for Chelsea in the Premier League. This season, he has scored three goals in 20 appearances. He was also on the team that won the FIFA Club World Cup last year. In addition to playing with the USMNT, he has had an international career with teams such as Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, and Chelsea.Before moving to Chelsea, Pulisic played for Borussia Dortmund. He joined the youth academy at the club, where he developed quickly. He was promoted to the first team in the 2016/17 season. He started six games and had an impact in four DFB-Pokal clashes. He was also a key member of the team that won the DFB-Pokal.Ream's run to promotion to the Premier LeagueTim Ream was a surprise selection for the U.S. national team after a 14-month layoff. The former Bolton Wanderers centre-back showed a great deal of potential, and a keen work ethic in pre-season. He had the chance to prove it in January.Ream was one of the top performers in the Championship last season, and was nominated for the league's Player of the Season award. He teamed up with Antonee Robinson to form a strong central defensive partnership.While Ream didn't start a Premier League match last season, he did play a role in Fulham's promotion. The club has a good balance of quality between the top two divisions, and was well-served by Ream in the 2021/22 campaign. He played a key role in Fulham's promotion playoff final, beating Aston Villa 3-2 on penalties.Info : يلا شوت Player's priority at the World CupThe EFL is no stranger to players wishing to test their mettle at a foreign tournament. The likes of Tom Lockyer, Chris Gunter and Matthew Smith have all played for clubs in the English top-flight. This has led to some clubs balancing the time-honoured pursuit of regular first-team football with the longer-term path to success.The competition to pick a team for a major international tournament is stiff. This means that teams will need to find ways to enhance the quality of their squads. There are several ways to go about it, ranging from adding to their existing squads to signing players on loan. The most efficient way to do this may well be through the promotion of existing players.One of the most notable achievements was the selection of five players in the EFL to make up half of Wales' quota of players. Among them were the aforementioned ones, as well as Adam Davies and Ben Cabango.Impact of the World Cup on players' thinkingSeveral players at EFL Championship and Premier League clubs are worried about the impact of the World Cup on their regular season. After all, the World Cup is a major international tournament, which offers more intrigue and romance than most other competitions.However, the fact that the FIFA World Cup is held in November and December also means that second tier clubs in England will have a month-long break during the group stages. The English Championship will be suspended from mid-November until Boxing Day.This is because teams will not be able to play in the top flight until after the completion of the World Cup group stages. The EFL has confirmed that this will affect players' thinking.It is expected that a number of players will be given a chance to leave their club for a year. Some will be on loan, while others may be offered short-term deals. This could affect a player's long-term career path and mental state.Source : يلا شوت حصري