How Being More Positive This Year Is Changing My Life

A positive mind leads to a positive life and that's one of the best lives you can live.

130

I think that coming into 2018, all of us were glad that 2017 was dead, buried, and behind us. It was a long year of highs, lows, and inbetweens but in the end, I personally think that we were all ready for that fresh start that the new year always brings. Now every new year, I always think that new year's resolutions are so silly and ridiculous because no one ever sticks to them and then you always think "next year maybe" even though you know it won't happen, but this year I made one that I think is having a huge impact on my life and who I am, and in my personal opinion, this is something that everyone needs more of in their lives...

Positivity!

Ending 2017, I realized how much negativity I've had influencing my life in the past year and ridding yourself of the mental toxicity that comes with negativity is freaking huge and now that I've been trying to be more positive, I honestly feel myself changing. A lot of it had to do with myself I think and my own negativity, but doing things to make myself happier has given me a new found positivity that makes it easier to get up in the morning and to be all around happier and better. Everyday on my phone, reminders pop up telling me to be a superhero today, and reminding me how worth it I am - as someone who struggles with self worth and self esteem sometimes - it's a huge thing for me to have that. Everyday I try to post at least one quote photo that has some kind of encouragement or positive words on it for others who may be needing it, which gives me a sense that even if it doesn't matter to anyone, its there for me if I need it.

Putting on my "positive pants" in a sense has seriously made me feel so much clearer in who I am and who I want to be - even where I've been I see it more clearly and it's honestly a great feeling. The small steps I've taken to be more positive have given me a more optimistic look on life in general and so much more. Most recently, I ordered pictures of quotes to hang on the wall above my mirror in my dorm room so everyday when I wake up and look into the mirror, I can have my extra boost of encouragement and confidence for the day - to get through and keep going no matter what.

Seriously, do what you need to do to get more positivity, because once you do your life will change. I feel so much happier, like less is weighing on me, like I can do anything. Being positive is slowly changing me into a better person and I like the person I'm becoming.