How Being in Awe Can Help Us Save the Planet

What do we have to be in Awe of and how do we preserve it?

29

They say that awe has the power to inspire, change thinking, heal, and bring people together, but what exactly is this feeling that can help us withstand the weathers of life whether stormy or sunshine? Why exactly does being in awe blow our mind? It is defined as the feeling of being in the presence of something vast or beyond yourself, so it basically transcends our current understanding of things beyond the human scale. These things can be magnificent structures, nature itself, or the kindest of gestures but we experience "awe" often through our natural pleasures such as star gazing, hiking, or going to the beach, so that's why I question why we destroy the Earth, just look at the Great Barrier Reef! I guess nobody had time to appreciate it since it was only beneath our feet but what is the ocean without it, except incomplete? Almost like what are the roses we give in love without the seven endangered species of bees, or what even is our air to us without the trees, yet we continuously cut them down when we still desire the means to breathe? Its almost like biting the hand that feeds you or better yet just chopping it off, but when we hear of recycling or what it takes to sustain the Earth, mother nature is only met with a scoff?

Yes met with a scoff for supplying us with her natural capital so we can survive (that includes resources and natural systems that are currently keeping us alive) so it's too bad that we're living in a world that can't even live for us, seems like killing the Earth more rapidly almost seems like a must but I'm destined to make a change before we all return to dust because the dust that blows now is only a contamination to the air we breathe, thinking we're enhancing our products but the FDA has us all misconceived! The food affects those picking it, bringing them only sickness and disease but somehow they want us to be okay with it on our plates to eat, or better yet charge us extra to eat better or organic when produce should only cost us the same amount it takes to plant it!

I'm screaming "more plants, more life" that should be the motto for the world, because the degradation of biodiversity is so much that I could hurl but throwing up my lunch isn't as helpful as throwing out awareness, I'm only trying to tell you the secret to be happy and healthy but folks are being to careless to see that it is awe that brings us to attention, making us stop and think about more than just ourselves or our pension. It makes us see the bigger picture, hopefully supplementing the "we" for the "me" but with so much pollution we are barely giving ourselves the opportunity so instead of trees 50 years from now what will we see? Must admit that a skyscraper of trash would put awe in me but why don't we instead just protect our biology? Why is it so hard to give back to the reason why we are all here, but that's humanity for you, either give in or stand up my dear.