What Americans Think About Wearing Face Masks

17 Tweets That Sum Up How Americans Feel About Wearing Masks While In Public

For some it's inconvenient and for others it's the end of the world.

7964

As many states begin to reopen businesses per the federal reopening guidelines, normal life is still a ways off. Many businesses are asking customers to wear masks, abide by the six-foot rule when standing in line, and show extra consideration for your fellow shoppers. This is, of course, if your state and county are able to begin the reopening process — people in epicenters like New York City and Los Angeles are still stuck in their homes.

The CDC hasn't exactly been consistent in its instructions regarding face masks. At first, many were informed that masks didn't do anything, so don't bother. Then, with more research, the CDC recommended individuals wear masks — more so for the protection of others than themselves. These masks should not be N-95 masks, as our healthcare workers need those to do their jobs, but a cloth covering of some sort is recommended.

This information has been taken in a wide variety of ways — acceptance, anger, and general annoyance.

1. 

2. 

3. 

4. 

5. 

6. 

7. 

8. 

9. 

10. 

11. 

SEE ALSO: 13 Cute Face Masks On Amazon To Buy Your Immunocompromised Friend

12. 

13. 

14. 

15. 

16. 

17. 

Face masks or other cloth coverings can be washed with hot water and soap or by putting them in your washing machine.