House Moves For Fashion Fans: Quick Tips For Clothes Packing

Tips For Clothes Packing

13
Tips For Clothes Packing

If you're a fashionista with an upcoming house move, then congratulations! Getting to a new home is a great way to open new opportunities for you - be it to get closer to working with other designers, being closer to fashion schools, getting as close as possible to the best boutiques, or just getting a new space for your collections. Why, once you move all your clothes to your new home, then a new neighborhood will be able to see you in full style! Thing is, once you look at all the possible requirements your move might require from you, things can start getting a bit overwhelming pretty quickly. Moreover, how exactly can you pack your clothing collection alongside your other belongings without ruining them?

Thankfully, this conundrum isn't without a solution. In fact, the right approach to planning and preparation can help you ensure that your clothes are moved to your new home without compromising their overall quality - especially for designer pieces you have. Here are some quick tips you can follow:

• Assess and organize your current inventory. Before you actually pack your items, it may help to assess and organize your current inventory of clothes. Creating a list through a spreadsheet or an organizational app can greatly help when it comes to identifying clothes you want to keep, sell, or even throw away. Moreover, having an index of items you own - as well as special information such as quantity, type of material, and even other notes - can help you check whether there are special packing instructions you need to follow specifically tailored for these types of clothes.
  • Launder older clothing and repair damaged clothing you want to keep. If you've noticed that some items in your inventory are aged or damaged but still want to keep them, now's the best time to ensure that they've been laundered or repaired before they're packed alongside the rest of your clothes. In fact, it's recommended that all of your clothes are laundered and cleaned before packing them together to avoid the propagation of dust and other damaging properties. This ensures that your clothes stay in tip top shape regardless of your approach to your move.
  • Prepare and gather necessary closet packing and moving items. Once you've organized your inventory, you likely have a basic assessment of the clothing types you own. Therefore, it might be much easier for you to identify packaging materials you need to help pack your clothes. Aside from cardboard boxes that are fit for folding clothes, there are other specific things you can use to pack your things. For instance, wardrobe boxes work specifically to help take care of items that need hangers or wrinkle easily. Likewise, suitcases can help with other folded items or even shoes.
  • Sort items based on pieces, seasons, and materials. Another thing you can do when you start packing your clothes is to sort them according to categories convenient for you. These may include per season, if you tend to wear items according to the weather and climate conditions. Other special sorting categories include arranging and packing items depending on the piece type, or depending on the materials they're made of.
  • Package off-season clothing first to avoid unnecessary unpacking. It helps if you start storing your items with off-season clothing put in first. This avoids unnecessary unpacking on your part, especially if you suddenly have to wear items from your stored collection.
  • Consider creating a set of clothes for your moving week. Once you've packed your clothes, consider leaving out a set of clothes that you'd use for the entirety of your move. These clothes should last you for a week or two to ensure that you don't necessarily have to unpack your items immediately. These easy-to-use clothes should be simple and uncomplicated, and items you're prepared to get a bit dirty or sweaty in considering the number of tasks you'd have to do throughout the moving day.
  • Hire professionals to help with specific clothing items. If you're having trouble packing some of the more sensitive items in your collection, perhaps professionals such as NYC movers may be able to help you out. These teams not only have more than enough manpower to expedite the moving process. Rather, they have the right training and skills to help you ensure that your items are properly packaged and transported to your new home. This process also includes finding the best way to pack your clothes, especially designer items and more fragile pieces of clothing, for safe transport to your new house.

House Moves For Fashionistas: Make It Work For You

House movesimages.pexels.com

With the above tips in mind, it's important to remember that you can pull off a proper house move without compromising your clothing collection - especially if you're a fashionista by heart. Remember, the right approach to planning and preparation can help you build the necessary steps to fix a fashion move without sacrificing your clothes throughout the process. Moreover, prioritizing your clothes first could greatly help in ensuring that your steps towards securing your collection remain different to those of your other household items.