Hot Chocolate Is The Super Beverage You Didn't Know You Needed

The most underrated beverage ever

110
HungryForever

If there is a drink out there that doesn't get enough recognition, it's hot chocolate. There is nothing better to grab when you want something that is going to warm you up from the inside out. It is perfect for those winter days, which like it or not, are coming up soon.

Not only is it perfect for winter, but it is perfect for anyone who is experiencing stress or hardship in their everyday lives. Even Santa drinks hot chocolate, and if he can drink it, then it is a truly magical beverage.

I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that if you could drink magic in a cup, this would be what it would taste like. I think my love of hot chocolate goes back for as long as I can remember.

Growing up, I pretty much always hated the cold, which is a shocker for someone who lives in the state of Michigan where we basically turn into an icy, snowy tundra for months at a time, and could have snow at any given time of day, though matter the season it seems. Whenever I got the courage to dress up like that kid from Christmas Story and go play outside, I mainly went because I knew that if I did, my mom would be inside making some hot chocolate.

We had this special kind of hot chocolate growing up, the kind from the movie The Polar Express, I don't know if you have ever seen that movie, but if you haven't, basically there is this big musical number all about this magical drink in a mug. It became a tradition in my house to make hot chocolate and watch that movie.

As I got older, hot chocolate became a sort of comfort drink, something that could relax me even after the roughest of days. After long hours of rehearsal right after school, my mom would get me some hot chocolate, just to make me feel better after a long day. Most recently, after weeks of exams, I had hot chocolate on a trip home, which seemed to instantly lift my spirits.

Besides the fact that you are literally consuming chocolate in liquid form, it is the only drink that you can put marshmallows in, any drink you can put marshmallows in is an amazing drink. If you don't like chocolate, I am sorry that you cannot have this drink, but I am glad that I am not one of those people. Hot chocolate is like the super drink of all drinks. If you have been sitting outside in a sweatshirt in cold weather in the middle of winter, it will still manage to warm you up. Sometimes, even just holding the mug is therapeutic. By holding something warm in your fingers, you know that everything is going to be alright.

Hot chocolate deserves a lot more recognition than it currently gets. It is a drink that makes you warm and fuzzy and can be had at all times of the year. Even in the summer, you can consume this magical beverage, all you have to do is put it on ice and boom, you got yourself the perfect summertime drink. Sure coffee and tea are arguably better for you, but nothing makes you feel quite as good as hot chocolate.