To The Hopeless Romantic Spending Cuffing Season Single

Don't you dare let cuffing season make you feel lonely.

20

There's something about fall that entices people to find a significant other to spend the season with. Maybe it's the smell of the crisp, fall air or the sudden sight of the vibrant, colorful fall foliage. Maybe it's the idea of having someone to stay warm under the blankets with you while staying indoors, avoiding the brutally cold, windy weather. While the reason behind it is unclear, it's important to appreciate that there's something magical in the air from fall to winter that somehow draws people together, forming the apparent 'cuffing season'.

From early October to just after Valentine's Day, cuffing season thrives. While it's nice to have a reliable individual beside you to take shelter with indoors, the majority of relationships established during the cuffing season seemingly only survive until the season's end. Despite the expected relationship longevity, for hopeless romantics, watching these relationships transpire can be disheartening while remaining single.

Being a hopeless romantic means dreaming of finding your true match or equal. For some, meeting your match ought to be done by encountering an individual in person, perhaps through friends, coworkers, or classmates. For the hopeless romantic trying to find their match, the cuffing season can often persuade you into questioning your preferred method of meeting someone. With dating apps such as Tinder, Bumble, or Farmers Only, it can be tempting to rely on these websites in search of easily finding someone within minutes. Granted, our generation has a fondness of expressing our lives through social media, but you can't let social media become your plan to fall back on if you'd truly rather meet someone in person.

It can be challenging encountering cuffing season while single, but being a hopeless romantic isn't necessarily about finding someone to simply keep you warm during the cold months. Being a hopeless romantic is about keeping up hope that you'll find that one person, perfect for you.

Other people in the world may be posting photos across social media of their newly found love, but photos can be deceiving. Perhaps that couple's relationship that you yearn for and adore won't last after cuffing season ends. The thing to keep in mind is you can't let cuffing season make you question your worth or rethink your hope for love. Don't let dating apps entice you into the 'talking stage' if you'd rather aspire for the old-fashioned 'dating stage'. Don't diminish your romantic goals simply because the accumulation of relationships advertised on social media makes you feel like you're missing out.

Yes, it may take longer than anticipated, but finding your perfect match won't be accomplished by belittling your romantic hopes or pushing for an imperfect relationship to deem fit. Having hope that there's someone out there, perfect for you, and keeping that hope alive is what makes you a hopeless romantic. Never forget your worth and never let any frivolous, theoretical seasons, such as cuffing season, weaken your goal of finding the perfect person for you. Don't rush it, your match is out there, you just have to have hope.