I Hope You Treat Her Better

I Hope You Treat Her Better

I'm not sure I ever got your best..

85
I Hope You Treat Her Better
Courtney Banks

You never treated me badly, but I'm not sure I ever got your best. However, I know that one day a girl will come along and really peak your interest. When that day comes, I hope you treat her better.

I hope you take her out on dates without her having to beg for them. It doesn't have to be an expensive dinner, you could get take out and watch movies in bed with her. I'm sure it would make her happy.

I hope you remind her of how special she is and how much she means to you. Never let her feel unappreciated. It's the little things that she will remember, take time for those.

I hope you take time to have fun with her. Be goofy and wrestle around. Make silly faces in the pictures you take with her. Make her smile, always make her smile.

I hope you spend time with her family. Get to know who she really is around the people she's most comfortable with. Listen to her stories about the family she's lost, and all of her childhood memories.

I hope she spends time with your family, too. I always loved them, and I wish I got more Sunday dinners with them. Your family made me feel so welcome, and I hope one day they do the same for her.

I hope you see her flaws. When you do I hope you help her with them and learn why she has them. Is she scared to trust you because she's been hurt before? Figure all of them out, help her like you tried to help me.

I hope you share your flaws with her. Let her know why you're so protective over her, and why you would rather keep your emotions in. She needs to know why you are the way you are.

I hope you talk to her and share your feelings with her. Here was a huge fault in our relationship. We never talked about our problems until we were falling apart. No one deserves to know that there are issues when it's too late to fix them.

I hope you don't run out on her when things get hard. I hope you give her the chance that I always wanted. I hope you always talk your problems out, and never go to bed angry.

Most of all I hope you love her. I hope you give her all the things you promised to me. I hope you show her off like she is your world. I hope you can't help but smile when you're around her. I hope she makes you the happiest man on earth. I hope she helps you fulfill your dreams. I hope she follows you when your life out grows this small town, even if it means moving to Tennessee. I hope you never doubt that you made the right decision in leaving me. I really hope you treat her better.