My Hope For You In The Year 2017

When a new year comes around, a lot of people say "new year, new me." Most of the time, though, a lot of people don't change. In some cases, they might change for a day or a week but slowly but surely, go back to their old habits. These habits can include letting yourself be surrounded by a toxic situation, or by toxic people.

The world is filled with many challenges, some of which will test your strength to the fullest extent. Do not let it win; believe it or not, there are many people who love you fully, deeply, and honestly for just being you. It is easy to let one person or situation bring you down. What's more of a challenge, is finding the strength to carry on.

2016 has been one hell of a year for a lot of people, but I'm starting to figure out something. The year, month, day, or even week, is only as bad as you make it out to be. No matter what you're going through, even though it may seem like the end of the world, so many people may have it worse off. Even if you have what seems to be an endless supply of rain, there will be a rainbow at the end of the storm.

Here are my hopes for everyone during the year of 2017, may it be your best one yet:

1 . I hope no one steals your smile, and your cheek bones hurt from being too happy.

2. I hope no one makes you cry. Except if it's from laughing too hard.

3. I hope you make yourself proud.

4. I hope you find the strength within yourself that couldn't be present in this past year.

5. I hope you love hard, and deeply. We could use more love in the world.

6. I hope you don't change. There are people out there who love you, just for being you.

7. And finally, I hope you take the year by storm.