5 Dog Treat Recipes That Are Easy To Make And Perfect For Your Pup

Inexpensive and irresistible to dogs.

57
Pete Bellis

Every dog owner seems to go through a bag of treats relatively fast; especially if you give your dog a treat for going outside or even if you just feel like they deserve a reward of some kind. No matter what the company is, dog treats tend to be expensive and even more expensive if they're made using all-natural ingredients. While being busy with life in general, it is easy to forget that you can make your own dog treats at home with little to no effort. Here are 5 recipes to check out so you can make your pup an all-natural treat right at home:

1. Leftover Trail Mix.

What you will need:

1. Pieces of meat (Rinse off any flavoring if the meat is seasoned)

2. Potatoes

3. Vegetables (Onions are not allowed)

4. Fruit (Grapes and raisins are not allowed)

What you will need to do:

1. Cut ingredients into half-inch thick pieces.

2. Spray pan lightly with cooking spray.

3. Heat oven to 200 degrees and place in oven until dried.

2. Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Dog Treats.

What you will need:

1. 32 ounces vanilla yogurt

2. 1 cup peanut butter

What you will need to do:

1. Melt the peanut butter using a microwave-safe bowl.

2. Once the peanut butter is melted, combine with the yogurt.

3. Pour mixture into cupcake papers, and then place into the freezer.

3. Basic Dog Biscuits.

What you will need:

1. 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour

2. 1 teaspoon of salt

3. 1 egg

4. 1 teaspoon of beef or chicken bouillon granules

5. 1/2 cup of hot water

Feel free to add: bacon, bacon bits, chicken broth, eggs, oats or cheese to make it more tasteful for your dog.

What you will need to do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Dissolve bouillon using hot water.

3. Add ingredients that are remaining.

4. Knead dough until it forms into a ball.

5. Roll dough until it is 1/2 inch thick.

6. Cut into slices, or, if desired, cut into bone shapes.

7. Place pieces of dough onto a lightly-greased baking sheet.

8. Cook biscuits for 30 minutes.

4. Carrot Oat Applesauce.

What you will need:

1. 1/2 cup of oats

2. 1/2 cup of applesauce (unsweetened)

3. 1/2 cup of a grated carrots

4. 1/2 cup of flour

What you will need to do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and cover a baking tray using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

2. Mix all four ingredients in a bowl.

3. Use a tablespoon to place clumps of the ingredients onto the baking tray.

4. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

5. Homemade Dog Chews.

What you will need:

1. Sweet potatoes or yams

What you will need to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

2. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes or yams.

3. Thinly slice potatoes or yams lengthwise (1/4-1/3 inch wide at most.)

4. Place onto a baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper.

5. Bake for 3 hours and turn them over halfway through.

6. After done, store in the fridge or freezer to prevent potential molding.