It's Time To Forgive

It's Time To Forgive

I reflected on why I felt so much sadness and realized that I was holding on to a lot of bitterness.

12
It's Time To Forgive
Phandroid

I think that the holidays are some of the best opportunities for reflection about our lives and relationships. In a season where I was experiencing a lot of sadness, I spent a Christmas break considering why. I determined that I had a lot of bitterness and anger in my heart towards others that I hadn't been able let go. So, I wrote this reflection of forgiveness and its importance so that I could begin to heal.

I spent a year of my life depressed. Some days, I was a robot devoid of emotions. Some days, I couldn’t get control of my emotions. That was one thing I did not think I was going to make it through. It was a battle that seemed impossible to win.

It took a lot to get better.

The past few weeks, I started to notice myself slipping back into that. I was angry. Angry at everyone who had ever wronged me. Angry at God for not being there for me. Angry at anyone who looked at me the wrong way. There was so much anger. My emotions started getting out of control again.

It wasn’t until a day ago when I laid in my bed sick that I figured out why I couldn’t just be happy.

I was letting myself get angry over things of the past. I was writhing in bitterness. And I wasn’t willing to forgive anyone.

Honestly, at the root of it, that was my problem last year too.

Do you realize how much not forgiving someone will weigh you down? Take it from me…It will break you.

I completely realize how hard it is to move past people hurting you. I, the grudge holding master, know how hard it is. But isn’t it a beautiful thing when we do forgive?

It’s symbolic of what was done for us on the cross And because of what was done for us, we have no excuse not to forgive others. We were forgiven for much worse.

Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. I think we would all be happier people if we gave it out as abundantly as it is given to us. It’s not always easy and it certainly doesn’t always come without a price. But it will heal you. It will restore you.

It will bring you joy. It will bring you peace.