HOLIDAY PACKAGE- FOR WEEK OF DECEMBER 12TH: FINALS WEEK: The Playlist That Changed my Life

"music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

3
stampsy.com

I've gone through some tough times in my short time on earth, and sometimes I needed a little extra pick me up, and I found that in this wonderful thing we call music. Music to me tells stories that I can wholeheartedly relate to, and it makes me feel like someone somewhere understands what I'm going through. It has been here for me when I was going through that awkward stage of finding myself, which in some sense I still haven't left yet. It has been there for me through every anxiety attack, heartbreak, bout of depression, and mistake I've made. There are some songs that mean more to me than others, that I will always turn to on a bad day... these are the songs that have either changed my outlook on life, put a smile on my face, helped me release some much needed tears, or just made me realize that I am not alone in my struggles.

She Will be Loved- Maroon Five

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she
Had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her, she
Always belonged to someone else"

Just Believe- G Eazy

"I'm trying to adjust to the hugest leap
I'm living off this music, here
But I'm afraid of failing, that's the truth, sincere
My anxiety is getting too severe
But I ain't giving up, there's no excuses here
Dying young might be my truest fear
But now my future's bright and my view is clear
Told her I'mma get it, I'mma do it, dear
There's no way in hell I could lose this year
"

Control- Halsey

"I paced around for hours, on empty
I jumped at the slightest of sounds
And I couldn't stand the person inside me
I turned all the mirrors around

I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones"

Try- Colbie Caillat

"You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to, give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing

You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to bend until you break
You don't have to change a single thing"

Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran

"Give me love like her
'Cause lately I've been waking up alone
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt
Told you I'd let them go
And that I'll fight my corner
Maybe tonight I'll call ya
After my blood turns into alcohol
No, I just wanna hold ya"

Invisible- Hunter Hayes

"Trust the one
Who's been where you are wishing all it was
Was sticks and stones
Yeah, the words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone
And you're not invisible
Hear me out,
There's so much more of this life than what you're feeling now
And someday you'll look back on all these days
And all this pain is gonna be invisible
"

How to Save a Life- The Fray

"Let him know that you know best
Cause after all, you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And I pray to God he hears you"

Scars to your Beautiful- Alessia Cara

"But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
"

Ride- Lana Del Rey

"I hear the birds on the summer breeze, I drive fast
I am alone in the night
Been tryin' hard not to get in trouble, but I
I've got a war in my mind
I just ride"

Downtown Love- G Eazy

"Scared to lose it all but everything was nothing inside
Couldn't face the truth but everyone's got something to hide
It's ironic how conscious she is of how she appear
Two hours getting dressed but still can't look herself in the mirror
Making poor choices, even at her wealthiest year
Was a fast lifestyle that no one helped her to steer"