Holiday Events In Green Bay

Holiday Events In Green Bay

Although it's not quite Thanksgiving, the holiday events in Green Bay are just around the corner!

65
Holiday Events In Green Bay
Biggers Bed & Breakfast

With Christmas just 41 days away, the sights, sounds, and activities of the holiday are all around us. Although as I write this there isn’t snow on the ground, and the weather feels more like the beginning of school as opposed to almost Thanksgiving, there’s no reason to not get into the holiday spirit. So even if you aren’t quite ready to start decorating your own house, trim your own tree, or have any hint of Christmas in your house what-so-ever, here’s a list of plenty of things to do in Green Bay to help ring in the Christmas season!

FESTIVAL OF TREES—November 17-January 8

National Railroad Museum: 2285 S. Broadway, Green Bay, WI 54304

While not an event, per say, the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay has a display of decorated Christmas trees spread out among their historic trains. Due to the Holiday season, admission is reduced to just $5.00, so if you’ve ever wanted to go the museum, this is your chance!

THE POLAR EXPRESS—November 18-20, 25-27, November 30-December 4

Also at the National Railroad Museum, this event includes a live rendition of the “Hot Chocolate Dance” from the film, and a reading of Chris Ban Allsburg’s book that inspired the movie. When the story and dance are complete, visitors board a train for a ride to the North Pole, and once they reach their destination, each child is personally greeted by Santa himself!

Presentations are at 5:00 and 7:00 on Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st, and 3:00, 5:00, and 7:00 on the other days. Standard class tickets are $17.50, and Premium Class Table and Lounge are $28.00 and $30.00, respectively. If you want to go, make sure to purchase your tickets quickly, as many of the days and times are sold out!

http://tix.extremetix.com/webtix/2795

LIGHTING CEREMONY ON BROADWAY—November 18

From 5:00-8:00 p.m., head downtown to Broadway Street to watch the tree be lit for the first time this holiday season! The tree lights will go on officially at 5:30, in Old Fort Square (211 N. Broadway). Enjoy live music, a tour of the Broadway Gingerbread House, and even a visit from the man himself, Santa! You can also get a head start on your Christmas shopping, as many of the local Broadway businesses will be open until 8:00 for the festivities!

HOLIDAY MEMORIES: PRANGE’S CHRISTMAS WINDOWS—November 19-January 15

Neville Public Museum: 210 Museum Place, Green Bay, WI 54303

H.C. Prange’s Department Store was a local chain of department stores started in Sheboygan, WI. Located in Port Plaza Mall just across the river from the Neville Public Museum, each year the store had a holiday display that many people in Green Bay look back on with fond memories. People can relieve the magic of the holiday displays at Neville Museum with their Christmas exhibit, including the animated figures of the Prange’s window displays, and Enchanted Forest, Snow Babies, and even Bruce the Spruce, an animated, talking tree that greeted shoppers at Prange’s. For museum hours and rates, please visit: http://www.nevillepublicmuseum.org/upcoming-exhibits#sthash.wU26OmWs.dpuf.

33rd ANNUAL PREVEA GREEN BAY HOLIDAY PARADE—November 19

Starting at 10:00, crowds can watch high school marching bands, floats, and even Santa Claus make their way down Jefferson, Washington, and Cherry Streets in downtown Green Bay. If you’re unable to make it to the actual parade, NBC-26 will be airing it live. Free parking will be available in the Pine, Cherry, and Main Street ramps and on all nearby streets, but the ramps close at 9:30, so make sure to arrive early and get your spot! This year’s theme is “A Winter Wonderland.”

SOUTHWEST HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR-- November 19

Southwest High School: 1331 Packerland Dr

With over 150 vendors and concessions available to buy, everyone should find something they like! Whether shopping for yourself, a gift to give, or simply looking for something to do, this is an event not to miss. One note, however: due to accessibility and room, it is asked that you do not bring strollers along to the event, so please plan accordingly!

WPS GARDEN OF LIGHTS—November 25-27, December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 23, 27-30

Green Bay Botanical Garden: 2600 Larsen Road

With over a quarter-million twinkling lights, an enchanted icicle forest, glistening flowers, and a 60-foot walk-through caterpillar, the Garden of Lights is certainly a sight to behold. Each day it is open the hours are from 5:00-9:00 pm, with the last ticket sales being at 8:30. Admission to walk is $9.00 for an adult and $5.00 for a child, and to take a wagon ride through the grounds it is $14.00 for an adult and $10.00 for a child. As far as Christmas light displays go, nothing quite beats this display against a snowy backdrop! For more admission, including the details of a family night, please visit: http://www.gbbg.org/things-to-do/wpsgardenoflights/#event-overview.

11th ANNUAL GREEN BAY NUTCRACKER BALLET—November 25-27

Meyer Theater: 117 S. Washington St, Green Bay WI 54301

The Northeast Wisconsin Dance Organization, along with four special guest dancers, preform the Nutcracker Ballet in the beautiful, historic Meyer Theater in downtown Green Bay. Showtimes are 7:00p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 1:00 on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets range from $17.50-$40.00. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit: http://www.newdo.org/green-bay-nutcracker-ballet.html.

HOLIDAY VICTORIAN TEA—December 2,3

Hazelwood Historic House Museum: 1008 Monroe Avenue

From 1:00-3:00, learn about the history and meaning of your favorite Christmas carols, enjoy a three-course luncheon, and receive a tour of Hazelwood while it’s decorated in all its Christmas glory! Reservations for this event are required, and the cost, per person, is $20.00. Please reserve seats by calling 920-437-1840.

COOKIES AND COLORING WITH SANTA—December 3

Bay Park Square Mall: 303 Bay Park Square

While waiting to tell Santa what they want for Christmas and to get their picture taken with him, children will be entertained with coloring activities, refreshments, and even face painting and balloon animals!

JINGLE BELL RUN—December 3

Kress Events Center (UWGB): 2358 Leon Bond Drive

This holiday-themed 5k run/walk is on the beautiful UWGB campus and benefits the Arthritis Foundation. In addition to the run itself, a post0event celebration takes place, where there will be awards, food, refreshments, games, hot chocolate, and ugly sweater contest, and an award for the best holiday-themed costume! On-line registration closes on November 28th, but you can still register the day of the event in person. For more information, or to register or donate, visit: http://www.jbr.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1159822.

HOLIDAY FEST AT THE ZOO—December 10

NEW Zoo 4418 Reforestation Road

From 9:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m., visit with Santa, enjoy a breakfast, and see the animals! Information will be posted closer to the event here, but if you’re looking for what to expect, last year there were also free activities and animal encounters. Additionally, last year it was $6.00 per adult, and $4.00 per child/senior, with horse-drawn wagon rides available for $2.00 a person.

THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS PAST—December 10,17

Heritage Hill State Historical Park: 2640 S. Webster Avenue

Listen to sounds of the season from local musicians, join in and dance, enjoy hot chocolate and cheesecake, or even help in historic kitchens as they prepare Christmas meals from 12:00-6:00 at Heritage Hill during their “The Spirit of Christmas Past” events! Learn about the history of Christmas and how it was celebrated in Wisconsin through the years and listen to retellings of Christmas stories written over a century ago while children can make a Christmas craft and visit with Santa. This event has a little something for everyone! Price for admission ranges from $8.00-$11.00. For more information, please visit: http://heritagehillgb.org/calendar/december/the-spirit-of-christmas-past,-december-10th/.

A DICKENS OF A CHRISTMAS—December 10-11, 17-18

If you’re not a Scrooge but are a fan of Charles Dickens’ story “A Christmas Carol,” this is the event for you! Located at Historic Hazelwood, visitors will travel through Christmases past, present, and future, all the while meeting characters from “A Christmas Carol.” You can learn about holiday traditions from the 1840s while enjoying refreshments and playing classic games—perhaps even with the characters themselves? Prices range from $3.00 for children (aged 5-17) and $5.00 for adults. For more information, including hours of operation, please visit the Brown County Historical Society’s Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BrownCountyHistoricalSociety/.

THE HIP HOP NUTCRACKER—December 12

Weidner Center (UWGB): 2420 Nicolet Drive

Is ballet not your style of dance, but still want to see Tchaikovsky’s famous Nutcracker Ballet performed? Then perhaps this is the right event for you: starting at 7:30, you can watch a hip-hop dance performed to the original music of Tchaikovsky. Set in 1980s Brooklyn, this contemporary dance includes 12 all-star dancers, a DJ, and a violinist, all celebrating love, community, and the magic of New Year’s Eve. For tickets, please visit this website.

THE TEN TENORS: HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS—December 13

See Australia’s hit a cappella group The TEN Tenors sing traditional and contemporary holiday favorites at the beautiful Weidner Center on the UWGB campus! Tickets range from $37.00-$57.00, and can be purchased here.

THE OAK RIDGE BOYS HITS & CHRISTMAS—December 19

Starting at 7:30, the first half of this show will consist of The Oak Ridge Boys singing their endless hits, including Elvira and Bobbie Sue. Come intermission, however, and the stage will be transformed into a winter wonderland, and The Oak Ridge Boys will sing Christmas favorites! Tickets are $48.00 and $58.00, and can be bought here.