Holding On When The Times Are Tough

"I like to keep my issues drawn, it's always darkest before the dawn." Florence and the Macine

I know that you've been told to take deep breaths, let go of the toxic energy. I know the feeling of laying in bed surrounded by tears and thoughts that seem too overbearing for your mind to handle. I can tell you, however, that you do not have to be "okay". Hold on.

All you have to do is hold on.

All you have to do is make it to the next day, then the next week, then the next month. You don't have to make it a day without crying. You are allowed emotions, and no one can punish you or judge you for the way you decide to deal with your emotions. People don't have the right to tell you "you will get over it", because in that moment, the world seems impossible to comprehend.

But I promise you, if you hold just hold on, to anything, you will make it though. It is always darkest before the dawn.

I interviewed some incredible women on what it means to "Hang on," I hope their words inspire you or stick in your memory.

"What it means to hold on? It means that I care so much no matter how badly I've been beaten up." -Gabrielle Noil

"To hold on when times get tough means that you have to remember that life gets better. Everything is temporary so you have to learn to let things go and to not hold on to any negativity, toxic people and bad situations but also hold on to the good times, fun people and love that comes into your life. Be selective with what and who you hold on to. Holding on to the wrong things can hurt you but finding the right things to hold on to and fight for can make life amazing." -Peighton Davis

"I just a tattoo on my wrist and it says 'resilient' so I would associate that statement to being resilient and never giving up regardless of what life throws at you." -Jovelyn Wood

"it means realizing that you have no control over how things play out but you have control over the effort you put in. so you just keep trying and holding on for the different outcomes. No one has any idea what's gonna happen but you gotta hold on long enough so you can find out." -Sarah Moore

"I think being able to hold on just means not giving up faith when everything around you seems to crumble. It seems that after one thing in our lives falls apart everything else seems to follow quickly. You seem to lose everything at once, and that can really make or break a person. It takes somebody really strong to keep it together when it seems that their entire world is down at their feet. Faith kept my head up when it seemed that my life was down. Faith kept a smile on my face when all I wanted to do was frown. Faith forced me to pick myself up off of the ground and push on even when I felt like everything was pushing against me. Faith wrapped itself around me when I felt like I was slipping and held me up. Faith literally held me on. So when you say holding on, faith is everything." -Kristine Thorton

And if you ever feel the need to drown out the world in music, music that gets you;

1) "Shake it Out" -Florence and the Machine

2) "You Learn" - Alanis Morisette

3) "Gold" - Britt Nicole

4) "Thats Why You're Beautiful" - Beyonce