How Virginia Tech Hokies Do Game Day Better
Campuses

14 Reasons And Ways Hokies Do Game Day Better

Hokie Hokie hi, tech tech VPI!

463

Currently reminiscing on those college football Saturdays and already getting ready for the under the lights night game on ESPN.

Competition in the ACC

c1.staticflickr.com

Clemson is one of the toughest teams to beat as of lately with stars such as Deshaun Watson coming out of their program.

Center Street

i.ytimg.com

In my opinion, this is one of the best places to tailgate in college history.

Lane Stadium

cdn.vox-cdn.com

A football stadium that can hold 66,233 people and is aesthetically pleasing. What more could you ask for?

Home field advantage

theblacksheeponline.com

It's a well-known fact that Hokies make Lane stadium an intimidating place for opponents to play especially since the noise level constantly appears on the seismic graph.

Turkey legs

4.bp.blogspot.com

Football and large pieces of meat go hand in hand.

Key Plays

i.ytimg.com

You'll hear all the keys jingling on those third down plays for the away team.

Reach for Excellence

pbs.twimg.com

Before entering the stadium, each football players goes through the tradition of touching the Hokie Stone before leaving the tunnel and going out onto the field.

The Combination of Orange and Maroon

bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com

Only hokies can pull off this color combination so fashionably.

The Marching Virginians

upload.wikimedia.org

The best spirit band in the entire country is always able to pull off interesting halftime performances during every home game.

"Enter Sandman"

www.thekeyplay.com

The best hype football introduction, no questions asked.

Respect for the military

bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com

We often have white out games in honor of military personnel as well as have our corps of cadets in a special section every game.

The Hokie Bird

theblacksheeponline.com

The Hokie Bird is nationally known as one of the best college football mascots and Hokie fans agree.

Corps of Cadets push-ups

vtnews.vt.edu

A cadet will do push-ups for however many points the hokies have scored every time we score.

Skipper Cannon

vtnews.vt.edu

Another celebration for Virginia Tech's football scoring, skipper cannon is fired every time the Hokies score.