5 Great Things About The Holiday Season Back Home

It's the middle of fall, and ever since Halloween passed, everyone has been waiting for Christmas to come. However, with the exception of daylight savings time, the fall season actually has a lot to offer. These five traits alone make months of autumn worth it.

1. Leaves change color

This is the only season where nature transitions from its usual greenery to vibrant shades of brown, orange, yellow and red. These colors not only give off a homey and cozy vibe, they also make for great instagrammably aesthetic pictures. Whether it's throwing a pile of leaves into the air, or simply just leaning on a tree with hues of yellow and orange in the background, this season marks the best time to take good photos.

2. Black Friday deals begin

When November comes around, it means the biggest sales of the year are also coming up. The day after Thanksgiving, stores offer huge discounts off of their usually pricey items and allows everyone, including broke college students, to buy those few items that they have been eyeing for the past year. This is also the time to witness malls set up their Christmas decorations, so shoppers can experience the merry atmosphere while getting amazing deals.

3. It's always sweater weather

Who doesn't want to wear warm and fuzzy clothes every single day of the year? Fall marks the season that it is finally acceptable to wear sweaters every single day, and the clothing that stores roll out for this season makes sure that although people are beginning to wear bulky, warm clothes, they can still look cute while doing so.

4. Christmas music is everywhere

It doesn't matter whether you celebrate Christmas or not - Christmas music brightens everyone's days. It starts with the radio, then stores, classrooms, and even work offices begin to stream their own Christmas favorites playlists. What used to be a quick, scary walk down the street at night becomes a festive, merry stroll with Christmas lights and Christmas music playing everywhere. The music is contagious, and everyone is affected.

5. Reconnecting with old friends and family

After a quarter or semester of stressful classes at college in other places, old friends from high school can finally meet up again to catch up on the latest gossip and reminisce about the past. This is also the time to spend quality time with the family, even if it's just everyone sitting around the house doing their own thing while playing some quality Michael Buble. This time period is relaxing, calming, and rejuvenating, a much needed break from the hectic rest of the year.