What you should know before hiring a parcel service
News

Measures to be taken before Hiring a parcel Service

163
Parcel Service

In the eCommerce world, one of the first goals is to reach a minimum number of shipments in a given period. When this happens, it is important to start exploring alliance options with parcels to optimize shipping processes and therefore revenue. But how do you know if you are making the right decision?

Things to do Before Hiring a Parcel Service

Parcel service

Start knowing your options

The first thing you should do is know the parcel options that could be viable for you according to your needs. For this, you can investigate the characteristics of the main parcels such as FEDEX, DHL, UPS, ESTAFETA, etc.

Big companies like United Parcel Service and Amazon provide frequent updates on delivery status. This keep customer updated regarding their Parcel. Else, Customers can go to Companies Official Portals such as UPSers.Com and Fedex, Aramex for more clear information.

You can also consider certified shipping management companies among your options, so you can have a broader view of the characteristics that will satisfy your needs.
Once you have a clear idea of the options that exist, you can make a thoughtful decision about who can best meet your needs. Now, to learn more about these options, we propose some points to consider before signing a contract for parcel services in Mexico:

Minimum shipments

At this point, you should already have an idea of the number of monthly shipments you make on a fixed basis. This information is very important since when signing a contract, one of the main factors is whether there is a minimum of shipments per month. Even when all the other factors are convenient for you, if you do not manage to reach that minimum established by the parcel of your choice, it is very likely that you will have to make up the difference yourself, which can result in economic losses for your business.

Packaging materials

Now, another important point to consider is whether the parcel in question provides you or includes in its services the packaging materials that your product needs. Keep in mind the materials that it includes in case you need to complete a specific item from your pocket and thus you can contrast what they offer you with what you need and how much it would be convenient or not to create a commercial link.

Collection and tracking

One of the mandatory questions when making a decision is whether the parcel service has a collection and tracking of shipments. Failure to do so, even if it is more efficient in your numbers, the reality is that it could mean a significant waste of time and effort, especially when talking about the collection.

As for tracking, it is of great importance that both you and your customers have knowledge at all times about the status of your shipment. This way you can more easily identify if there is a problem that requires your attention and your customers will feel more comfortable buying from you, making it more likely that they will repeat purchase.

Insurance and guarantees

Most of the parcel services, in addition to the facilities that they offer you in logistics and operation, also have insurance and guarantees that allow you to have the security of the times established in the contract; as well as the correct handling of your merchandise and even the way to proceed in case there is any mishandling or failure in the operating process.

Carefully review each of the commitments on both sides of the contract. If you have any questions about the coverage of the guarantees they are offering you or the scope of the services, do not limit yourself and ask, remember that it is about finding an option that saves you time, effort and money.