Hillary: Historic Woman, Horrible Example

Hillary is a historic woman, I'll give her that, but she is a horrible example of one.

10
Your News Wire

As most of you know, Hillary Clinton has officially made history with the first female presidential nomination, that was a major party nomination anyway. (Google Victoria Woodhull. Seriously. Do it.) Like many other Americans, I keep thinking, "How in the world?" I have not met anyone in my friend or family group that supports Hillary or voted for her. So, here we are. As a woman, I am proud that other women are making advancements and breakthroughs in this world. However, I am utterly disheartened that this is the woman we have representing this breakthrough for us. Here's why...

1.) Her demeanor.

Have you ever watched Hillary speak? As women who have dealt with other women our entire lives, we know when another female is not being real. We know when they are being fake with you. We know. Now, watching Hillary, I feel like myself and others can tell that she talks to hear herself speak. She has no care for the American people nor any substance behind her words. Her words sound and feel empty to me at times. It is hard to hear meaning or truth behind anything she says. Which leads me to my next point.

2.) She changes stances.

All. The. Time. If you look back in history, her stances have changed so drastically it is hard to keep up. Hillary used to be against same sex marriage until 2013 and even signed the Defense of Marriage Act while Bill was in office. That was in 1999. In 2000, she spoke in Vermont saying she was an advocate for the rights of gay couples, but then proposed to ban same sex marriage in 2004, saying that marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. Two years later, she stated that she would support same sex marriage if someone was elected or proposed legislation for that law. As voters favored or discouraged topics in the polls, Hillary's views changed. Now this is not to bring up the marriage debate, but to show that Hillary is wishy washy. She goes with whatever she thinks will get the votes or benefit her.

A good example of a historic woman would be one of values that do not waiver, while having an open mind to new resolutions and revolutions. Something Hillary definitely does not exemplify.

3.) She is all about rights for the minorities like LGBTQ and women, but....

She accepts funding for her campaign from people who slaughter gays and oppress women. During the time shortly after the Orlando shooting, Hillary spoke out against the Saudis, stating that they need to stop their citizens from supporting and funding extremist groups, education, and religions. And while I definitely agree with that statement, it also baffles me to find out that the country of Saudi Arabia has funded over 20 percent, I repeat, 20 percent of Hillary's campaign. Hillary's campaign has grossed $374.4 million. So just to give you the math, Saudi Arabia, the extremist ridden country who needs a change per Hillary, has given Hillary $74.8 million dollars. (Only about $42 million has been confirmed to have come from Saudi Arabia in actuality.) (Here and here you will find more information.)

I'm sorry, but that is not someone I want representing not just my country, but a political, social, and socioeconomical icon of my gender. Someone who accepts money from a country that does not stand for equality, the equality that she is supposedly trying to achieve. Hillary is supposed to be someone who is helping with women equality and what not, but she accepts support from a country where women can"t drive, can't go somewhere without a chaperone, swim, try clothes on while shopping, or even play sports. (Click here for reference.)My feminist side is outraged at this and Hillary is our advocate. Yeah...okay.

4.) She is rude...inexplicably so.

Hillary is notorious for disrespecting the Secret Service agents appointed to ensure her safety. For example, she cussed out an agent because he was hesitant to carry her luggage that she insisted be carried as he wanted to keep his hands free in case there would be an instance of an endangerment. She is quoted many times dropping the f-bomb while yelling at staff. I find this completely absurd. Yes, people curse and people have bad days. However, the way she has treated the same people over and over is inexcusable. A woman, especially one in such a spotlight, should act accordingly and with respect. Cursing and disrespect is not at all inspiring or a cause for admiration. A woman should act with respect and humility; a man should act the same as well. A person, no matter their title, should treat others with respect and as an equal. No one person is better than another. I am utterly disheartened that this is the woman that made history. Hillary hasn't just disrespected and been inherently rude with workers, staff, and agents. She has also insulted other politicians, the intelligence of the American people, and even her husband. Click here and here for reference.

Call me irrational, but I think that the person who wants to be the next president of the United States, and the first female president, should conduct herself with poise and elegance, respect and honor. She should be someone to me admired, someone who is a role model, someone who exudes the traits other women would strive for.

5.) Her reputation is tainted.

Not only has she been involved in the Benghazi scandal and the missing emails, but there are many other things that are terrifying about Hillary. Four Americans lost their lives and many, many emails were 'lost' involving this horrible incident. Beyond that, there is a list of over 81 names that is called the "Clinton Body Count." This is a list of people who were close to either Bill or Hillary and have ended up dead. The names stem from bodyguards of the Clintons to people involved in lawsuits with the Clintons to possible people either Hillary or Bill have had affairs with. While these remain rumors, some of the stories line up or are too heavily involved in the Clintons livelihood to be looked over and tossed out without investigation. Not to mention, 81 deaths of people close to the Clintons is a little suspicious. You can read up all about it here and make your own opinions and decisions about these accusations. However, she does not represent someone who is trustworthy or intentionally for the people of America.

As someone who is a young woman, I would normally be so excited that a woman made it this far in this patriarchal society. However, I think that this is not the woman that should be representing not only our country but any set of people trying to make breakthroughs in their societal, economical, and social agendas. Hillary is not the woman this country needs, nor the woman that we should want representing this country. She neither exhibits truth nor intention for the betterment of America.

She is not the person I would want to make advancements for women, nor is she the person I would want to be. I want a woman to represent my country and my gender as someone who is so in love with this country, it hurts. I want a woman who has no personal agenda, but sees a problem that needs solved. I want a woman who is nurturing to the wounds this country needs to heal from. A woman who is maternal, yet powerful. A woman who is gentle, yet solid. A woman who is strong willed, yet open minded. A woman who has values and respect and love. I would admire that woman; that woman would be an inspiration to me. I will not speak for other women, but I would think that they would agree.