High Expectations For My Sophomore Year

High Expectations For My Sophomore Year

I learned a lot during my freshman year.

42
High Expectations For My Sophomore Year

School is approaching fast, the summer flew by right before my eyes. I'm excited to go back to school, to see all my friends who live way too far from me. I'm excited to go back and decorate my new dorm room. I'm excited to go back and have a new roommate who won't leave school after the first semester. I'm excited to be another year closer to my career.

I'm excited for a lot of things but, I have high expectations for my sophomore year. I have high expectations for friends. I have high expectations for grades. I have high expectations for my health. I have high expectations for my job.

Freshman year I met a lot of people, some good, some bad. By bad I mean, fake, people who didn't really care about me and didn't make an effort in our friendship. I had a big group of friends the first semester, they all lived on the same floor in a different dorm building. It's a long complicated story on how I met them all. Long story short, I put more effort into keeping those friendships than they did so, I cut off all ties with them. If someone doesn't put as much effort into a friendship as you do, why stick around? I still had some pretty amazing friends in my own dorm building who I absolutely love. I have high expectations to keep those friendships, and make more amazing ones this upcoming year.

I have high expectations for my grades. Freshman year I was ONE point away from making dean's list. Sure dean's list may not be a big deal to some people but, I'd feel accomplished if I could make it. During the second semester of my freshman year, I finally found study habits that work for me, and with those, I'll hopefully get on deans list my sophomore year and continue to stay on it.

I have high expectations for my health. Thankfully, I did not gain the "freshman 15" I don't know how I managed to avoid that but, I did. Let's be honest here, the food they serve at orientation is NOT the food you'll be eating for the school year. Some things do taste good others... well sometimes the meat isn't cooked all the way. I have high expectations to keep my current healthy lifestyle going while living on campus. During the summer I managed to lose 20 pounds by eating healthy and attempting to be active.

Lastly, I have high expectations for my job. Yes, I work while I'm at college, yes I still have time for my studies and a social life, yes I do like my job. Last year was a little hectic, our boss quit after a bad incident and it was just super unorganized when a new boss came in because they had no idea where we all left off, where anything was, and so on. I have expectations that this boss is here to stay and that everything will run smoothly this upcoming year.