6 Hidden Gems Of The Disney Parks That Everyone Should Know

As a frequent visitor of the Disney Parks, I've managed to find some wonderful locations, whether hidden away to relax or with tributes to the previous inhabitant of the building, all of which are far away from the public eye.

Hungry Bear Restaurant: Disneyland Park.

Hungry Bear Restaurant

It can get crazy at Disneyland with all of the crowds, especially around lunch and dinnertime. If you want a cheap meal with great seating, go to the Hungry Bear Restaurant, right in between the Splash Mountain and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attractions. The food is your standard theme park fast food fare but is great quality with great value nonetheless. The seating is the best part of this eatery, though, with tons of tables on a deck overlooking the Rivers of America, with the Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat sailing by at various intervals.

Jolly Holiday Bakery: Magic Kingdom Park.

Jolly Holiday Bakery

kenlund / Flickr

The best food in all of Walt Disney World, by far, is the Jolly Holiday Bakery, located in the Plaza area of Main Street U.S.A. Of course, I'm a little biased, as I'm a dessert junkie, and my favorite movie of all time is "Mary Poppins" (which is also what this Bakery was named after). This adorable hidden gem will serve you the best desserts in all four WDW Parks.

It's a Small World Fireworks Viewing: Disneyland Park.

It's a Small World

Flickr Creative Commons

Too many people lining Main Street U.S.A. to watch the fireworks? Here's an alternate option. Of course, watching the fireworks in front of the castle is something someone should experience many times, but if you're a regular to Disney, try going to It's a Small World at the very far end of Fantasyland. They perform the same fireworks show, projections and all, in front of the ride building.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Tributes: Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Parks.

One of the few Mr. Toad tributes in the Walt Disney World version of the ride.

Flickr Creative Commons

Every time I go to either Disneyland or Walt Disney World, I always make sure to scope out these tributes on both versions of this ride. In Disneyland, the attraction took the place of Country Bear Jamboree in 2003, while in Walt Disney World, it took the place of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in 1999. Both versions of these rides have placed tributes of their previous occupants within the show building. In Disneyland, right after you leave the Heffalumps and Woozles scene, turn around and look up. Max, Buff and Melvin, the mounted animal heads that would commentate throughout Country Bear Jamboree, are mounted on the wall.

In the Walt Disney World version of the ride, as you go through Owl's house, you can see photos of Mr. Toad and his friends with various Winnie the Pooh characters. Also in Walt Disney World, as you reach the outdoor exit of the Haunted Mansion attraction, look for the cemetery on your left. If you look far back enough, you can see a small statue of Mr. Toad, with a plaque on the bottom that says "Poor Mr. Toad, it's sad but it's true. But he wasn't as marketable as Winnie the Pooh."

The Voices of Liberty: EPCOT Center.

The Voices of Liberty

Flickr Creative Commons

Looking for some free entertainment and air conditioning? Check out The Voices of Liberty! Located in the American Adventure Pavilion (the dead center as you walk through EPCOT's World Showcase) in the show building of The American Adventure attraction, this a capella group performs for fifteen minutes roughly every half-hour (be sure to check your Times Guide for exact times). They're an extremely talented group, and I strongly recommend checking them out.

Bathrooms: Literally Everywhere.

A "Soarin'"-themed bathroom located in Disney's California Adventure Park.

Flickr Creative Commons

Yep, you read that right. The bathrooms in Disney Parks are absolutely fantastic, as everyone is themed to its location. Be sure to look at your map and check out at least a few per park. My personal favorites are Alice in Wonderland-themed bathrooms in the castle building next to the Alice in Wonderland attraction in Disneyland, and the "Tangled"-themed bathrooms in between Fantasyland and Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. Happy hunting!

No matter what you do at any of the Disney Parks, you're bound to find a hidden gem that you will continue to come back to during your future visits.