Hey, America. You're Losing It.

Hey, America. You're Losing It.

We've sunk down far enough, I believe it's time to come back up.

11
Hey, America. You're Losing It.
YZGeneration

I suppose America got bored again. Between the elections, ISIS, and school shootings, I guess things were getting a little lame. So now, ladies and gentlemen, we have added clowns who like to assault people to the mix! All of my wildest dreams have come true. Truly, truly.

Hey, America, I'm sick of this. I am a white female who has been scared to form an opinion because I was scared of getting slandered, because who am I to really have any say in the matter, but now I am just fed up. Yeah, it took clowns to tip me over the edge. Go figure.

There are a lot of opinions floating around out there, I might as well add mine in. It's all arrogance, ignorance, and selfishness. We are becoming a nation composed of adrenaline junkies, feeding off of the fear of our neighbors. For a country with so much education, and so many blooming opportunities, we are failing so hard.

I believe what went wrong is this: when educating our minds, we forgot to educate our hearts as well, which means we didn't get any education after all (Aristotle made the claim first).

We have begun to fight fire with fire.

"You shoot our men, we'll shoot yours."

Please, just stop.

While we were busy arguing gun rights? More people got shot.

While we were busy picking black or blue? More people died.

While we were busy discussing the better political option? More people were divided.

While some of us were busy dressing up like clowns, hiding in bushes, and attacking people? Others of us were actually trying to better the world we live in, and all of the other issues above were still happening just as rampant as ever.

Why, why, why. America, why? We are so much better than this.

This is my theory, a furtherance of my opinion:

There are a few (ha) critical moments in history which have lead to the portion of history we are currently starring in (I like to call it, "the part where America implodes"). We had the Industrial Revolution, which as we all know, changed a ton of things.

The biggest thing it changed is we no longer had to rely on the land, on God (if you so believe), on the universe to provide us with what we needed to survive. Our biggest fault is the part where we started to act less like humans and more like gods.

Don't get me wrong, I love A/C, live music, and computers. However, I believe we could go about all of this a different way.

I think when a group begins to believe they have all the answers, their heads get big, and before you know it, their heads explode. By this, I mean that we lose all humility we are supposed to have. In order to fight this war, these wars, our war we need humility. We need to be able to look at the "other" guys and see their perspective. We need to open our own eyes, and then our kid's eyes.

This part is so important: please, open your kid's eyes. You are born into your beliefs, no matter how much no one wants to hear that (especially our generation), but we are.

Then, it takes an earthquake, a hurricane, a freaking disaster to change our beliefs on our own.

Please, show your children love, compassion, grace so that those traits can grow along side them their entire life.

We don't have to be opinion-less or lose our identities. I am simply suggesting that we take a humble step back from this chaotic situation. What are we doing? Are we trying to strike fear in others' hearts? Or are we trying to mend the scars that tons of humans make on other human hearts every second?

We all have stories, and we all have scars. It is inevitable that we will hurt each other, but we do not have to be killers. We do not have to attack one another. We need to instead open our eyes. We need to instead open our ears. We need to instead open our hearts and our minds. Our differences are what make our lives beautiful, complex, and passionately interesting.

We now have two options: continue to work against each other, promote hate, and teach our children violence.

Or, we can start over, begin a life of peace, promote understanding, and teach our children humility and grace.