Here's Why Beyoncé Is Not A Queen

Here's Why Beyoncé Is Not A Queen

There's entitled, and then there's being Beyoncé.

4719
Here's Why Beyoncé Is Not A Queen
ET Online

I have a lot of unpopular opinions. I verbalize many of them relatively often. But there is one I don't think I've ever come right out and said before: I really can't stand Beyoncé. Sure, I enjoy listen to "Single Ladies" as much as the next girl does, but what I mean is that I can't stand Beyoncé as the Hollywood entity that she is. Everywhere I turn, someone is praising "Queen Bey" for something that nine times out of 10 just isn't that special. And usually, I don't feel the need to really say anything about it, because it's normal to have someone who just rubs you the wrong way. But after the Grammy's, I couldn't just not say anything.

I realized what exactly it is that makes me feel the way I do about Beyoncé. It's the fact that everyone (herself very much included) believes that she is just entitled to whatever she wants. Why exactly did Adele think that it was so necessary to break her award in half and give a piece of it to Beyoncé? Both Adele's and Beyoncé's peers decided that Adele had the best album of the year, so why did she feel that she couldn't possibly accept the award? The answer is simple: no one can imagine Beyoncé not getting what she wants.

And it went beyond just that. A lot of people accused the Recording Academy of denying Beyoncé the award for Album of the Year for racial reasons. In other words, the only reason Adele got the Grammy is because she is white. Have these people never considered that maybe Adele won the award because she is an incredibly talented vocalist? I mean, let's be honest here: you may have your preference, but Adele and Beyoncé are equally talented singers. So should Beyoncé get the award simply because she's not white?

Now, the last thing that really bothered me was her performance. Does Beyoncé really think that it's an insane occurrence to be pregnant? Because during her performance, she seemed to expect everybody to acknowledge that the fact that she is expecting somehow qualifies her as a goddess. Pregnancy is definitely a beautiful thing, but it's also pretty normal. With this whole ode to motherhood shortly after her (in my opinion, very tacky) pregnancy announcement, it makes me wonder what she'll be doing for attention throughout the rest of her pregnancy. They always say that mothers do better with their second children, so I'm sure she'll get all the publicity out of it that she possibly can.

So, basically, the thing that really gets under my skin about Beyoncé is that she expects the world to give her whatever she wants, and the world happily complies, with no clear reason for doing so. Why should Beyoncé be considered such a queen? It just doesn't make sense to worship her for doing things that basically all celebrities or all women do. It definitely doesn't make sense to make a martyr out of her for losing an award to another very talented woman. I hope that in the future people will realize that you have to earn things; no one is so special that they just get whatever they want.