Here's To You Mom, From Your Grateful Daughter

A letter to appreciate all that you do

1521
Roberto Nickson

My goodness, thank you for being you.

Thank you for picking up the phone at work, as you're going to bed, on the way home from work, while making dinner, at dinner, in the morning, basically whenever I need you to talk.

Thank you for giving the best advice. I never knew how much a mom could know until I went off to college and didn't have you close to me, and had to resort to calling you for everything. You amaze me at how much you've gone through, how strong you are, yet how well you have handled your situations, as well as handle my life's disasters.

Thank you for showing me the world. Thanks for taking me on trips I would've never gone on without you, making me do things I would've never done without you, experiencing things I would've never experienced, meeting amazing people I would've never met, and trying many things I would've never tried.

Thank you for showing me what is important in life. Thank you for showing me that it's not important to be at every social event, or to be the center of attention, to seek materialistic things, or to be selfish. Thank you for showing me how to be the most independent person like you are, a person who treats everyone with respect and care, a person that gives everything they have, and loves more than they should.

Thanks for all you do Mom. I miss being in the same house together so you can do my laundry and listen to my problems!