Here's to 2017

Here's to 2017

Have the audacity to fiercely pray and watch God work wonders.

8
Journalismfund

2017 is here and along with that comes new goals, ambitions and prayers.

I was reading Psalm 17, and the more I read it the more I realized that it is a perfect prayer for the new year.

Psalm 17:6-9

"6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. 7 Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. 8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings 9 from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me" (NIV).

You see, these four verses are a revival for the new year.

Verse six sings confidence in the Lord, and that He will answer our prayers. Verse seven declares God's great love, and asks that He may show it to those who take refuge in Him. Verse eight again asks God for a promise: to keep me [us] as the apple of His eye – His devoted attention on us. Verse nine acknowledges that there will be trouble and that we will have enemies, but that the Lord is our protection: our divine shield.

When we pray and ask our creator for the desires of our heart, and if it aligns with His covenant, then He gladly answers our prayers.

In Matthew 7:7-8 Jesus said, "7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened" (NIV).

When we pray we are communing with our creator, and the amazing thing is that He listens!

He wants to bless us and answer our prayers. Our creator desires a relationship with you, and part of that relationship is talking with Him – prayer.

Our King wants you to step into the fullness of your identity and destiny.

So, here's to 2017.

May you have the boldness to pray what's on your heart. May you ask the creator for life changing moments. May you walk into the fullness of your divine destiny.