Heaven's Eternal End: Chapter 2

Heaven's Eternal End: Chapter 2

An Unpublished Novel By Me

36
Heaven's Eternal End: Chapter 2
LoganArt

"I hope you all enjoyed the Harvest Festival, everyone. The crops show a great yield this year!"

-Second of Maximum Messis

This day mirrors the last. Late night showers allowed the leftover dew to shine from the vigorous rays of the home star, gleaming over the same mesa arch formations as Daniel rode with his friends towards the Carsonville Municipal Building. As soon as he arrived was as soon as Brian became retarded again.

"Don't go!" Brian yelled as he clung onto Daniel's leg while Daniel was walking up the stairs into the building. "I'll steal your dog again!"

"Let go, Brian!" Daniel yelled as he shook his leg around. Michael ran up and grabbed Brian and dragged him back just as the day before.

"What is your problem, Brian?!" Michael yelled as he dragged Brian back. "You need to calm down and let Dan do his business!"

Michael finally forced Brian into the car, opening up the back door and picking up a wrapped gift. He walked up to Daniel and presented it to him with a slightly saddened gaze.

"You were a good friend, Daniel," Michael said with sad content, handing him the present and giving him a hug. "You better do us proud." Daniel smiled, a tear forming in his eye, grabbing the present and opening up the top to find a single multi-purpose knife.

"May it serve you well on your endeavors."

"Thanks, Michael," Daniel said.

"Your parents wanted me to give you something as well..." Michael said, motioning to Brian in the car to take out a decently-sized object wrapped in a red material with black and gold triangles.

"This can't be..." Daniel muttered as he pocketed the knife and walked to the object, ignoring Michael's disbelief in Daniel's ignorance. He grabbed the object and undid the material, folding and pocketing it, looking at the old world case the object was in. He carefully took out the object from the case and pressed a button on the handle. It wasn't a handle, though. It was a hilt of a sword! A curved katana's edge popped out of the front and reflected the sun's rays on the earth.

"My... family's most prized possession..." Daniel said, trailing off into thought. He kept inspecting every bit and piece of the sword before popping the edge back into the sheath and clipping it to his belt.

"How does that physically work?!" Brian exclaimed. Daniel and Michael ignored him.

"Have fun in the military, 'ol buddy," Michael said, giving Daniel another hug.

"But... but!" Brian stammered.

"But but but..."

"Bye, Dan, "Michael said. "I have to leave before he breaks some threads!"

"We must be in a--" Michael slapped Brian, throwing him into the car.

"Goodbye, mates." He turned and stared wide-eyed at the municipal building. He started to contemplate why he should join the military. He could die! OR WORSE!

He shook his head and held his it high.

I will survive and conquer. I will succeed! I will join KOTEGH! he thought to himself.

As he walked into the doorway, a rather short line of people were waiting to be signed in by various recruiters. It made sense to Daniel. A lot of people are better off on this little rock in space. Their farms were bought by the ArcheTECHt Corp. They were subsequently forced to work in the offices, but they were paid better than the farmers themselves. This is why Daniel thought his family should sell their farm to the ArcheTECHt Corp., but he was never told why his family wouldn't sell. They'd be better off!

"Your name, darling?" a dark skinned woman asked behind the counter. Daniel stood astonished for second, confused on how he got to the front so quickly before realizing that the line was definitely short, and snapped out of it in the split second he gained that very daze.

"Daniel Young," he responded without a hint of daze.

"Mmmm hmmm," the lady responded while checking him off of a piece of paper. "You are good to go, darling." Daniel nodded and walked through the corridor behind the woman and sat down in a desk at the back of a large classroom. Four other men were sitting in that room, and none of them wanted to communicate to each other.

Suddenly, the door to the room slammed open, rocking the very walls of the room itself.

"GOOD MORNING, RUNTS!" a rather largely-built drill sergeant yelled, slamming five rucksacks onto the table. Daniel cringed as he heard something break in one of them.

"Good morning, sir..." everyone muttered... but Daniel. This caught the sergeant's eyes. He craned his neck in Daniel's direction and gave him a deadly stare.

"GOOD MORNING, SIR!" Daniel yelled, smashing the desk forward as he jumped upwards and saluted. The sergeant almost lost his composure. He wasn't expecting this at all.

"Very good, cadet. What's your name, son?" the sergeant asked.

"MY NAME IS DANIEL YOUNG, SIR!" The sergeant started to walk in Daniel's direction with his smile turning into a frown.

"And why didn't you answer my question when I asked it, runt?"

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE IN A UNIT THAT WON'T FIGHT WITH PRIDE, SIR!" The drill sergeant almost cried in disbelief. This is the first time that a cadet was so enthusiastic. Turning around, he started clapping as loud as he could.

"You can learn something from him, runts!" he yelled. He stopped for a split second. "But I am not your instructor..." The door slammed open again, this time the door's window shattering across the ground. Daniel lost his composure as the instructor walked in.

"Good morning, cadets. My name is Kaitlyn Asbury, and I will be your instructor for boot camp."

Daniel slowly flipped up his desk and sat down, lowering his head into his arms.

Kaitlyn is the drill instructor? Daniel thought to himself. Out of all the people in the world, she is the drill instructor?!

He looked up for a brief second, catching Kaitlyn's eye.

"Cadet," she asked in a calming tone, "what is your name?"

"Daniel Young, ma'am," Daniel answered with some amount of nervousness.

"Be good to her, cadets," the sergeant said. "She is trying to get into KOTEGH and may as well be able to bring a friend along as well." Kaitlyn beamed with anticipation.

The sergeant cleared his throat.

"I'm off, runts!" he yelled with his usual fervor. He turned to Kaitlyn.

"If one of them piss you off, don't be hesitant to send them to the container."

Kaitlyn smiled under her breath.

"The-the... container?" one of the men stuttered in fearful confusion.

"Someplace you don't want to go into, hun," Kaitlyn said, smiling. The man gulped.

"Everyone..." Kaitlyn started. The way she spoke eased everyone in their seats. One man put his feet up on the desk.

"ATTEN-HUT!!!" she yelled like a legitimate drill instructor. Everyone jumped from their seats and saluted her as the man who put his feet up fell down onto the floor, sprawled spread-eagle.

Kaitlyn walked over to the man and bent down to his ear.

"What's your name, hun?" she spoke softly. The man started to cringe.

"Jacobson... ma'am," he said. His dark skin started to pump out gallons of sweat, almost enough to mop an entire school campus.

"That's a nice name," she said softly. Jacobson eased.

"Ma'am?"

"GET YOUR DAMN ASS OFF OF THE FLOOR AND STAND IN ATTENTION OR HEAVEN HELP ME I WILL SEND YOU TO THE CONTAINER AND YOU WILL GOD-FORSAKEN ME FIND OUT WHAT DAMN HELL IT IS! YOU HEAR ME?!"

"YES, MA'AM!" Jacobson yelled, jumping to his feet and snapping into attention.

"CADETS!" Kaitlyn yelled, "WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES? SOUND OFF NOW!"

"CADET RICO CORTEZ, MA'AM!" a tanned-skinned man yelled from the front. His nose twitched as his short brown hair started to become a wet mess of sweat and hair.

"CADET ALEX JACOBSON, MA'AM!" the dark-skinned man yelled on the top of his lungs. His mustache was absorbing so much sweat that it could grow double its size and be used to mop the floor.

"CADET TYLER BRADLEY, MA'AM!" a pale-skinned man yelled, knees wobbling. His blonde hair started to turn dirty from sweat.

"CADET NOX ERHARDT, ma'am!" an even paler man yelled, his ginger hair absorbing his very soul.

"CADET DANIEL YOUNG, MA'AM!" Daniel yelled, snapping into attention.

"I am Lieutenant Kaitlyn Asbury, and I am your nightmare for the rest of boot camp, and possibly the rest of your miserable lives!" Kaitlyn yelled with a little less of a shout like before. "Now, at ease and grab a rucksack. We are leaving for bootcamp now."