Heartbreak Beat

Heartbreak Beat

A broken heart can come from more than an ended relationship.

19
Heartbreak Beat
Asia Folch

You always think you're over a situation until you see something to remind you that you aren't. A cute picture on Instagram, a story post, a small nose scrunch, literally anything. You can get through your days without thinking about them, but as soon as you do, you realize that there's a little leftover from the great time you guys had.

Being heartbroken comes in stages, with highs and lows, with bittersweetness and just plain sadness. When simple conversations stir this anxious feeling to see if they've already moved on or if they're mad at you. Looking at them now through a narrow lens, trying to act as if everything is still normal when you know damn well there is a shift in the air.

Friendships will outlast everything if they are meant to be. It doesn't mean it won't take work, but they will last. You can have a broken heart over a friend, romantic or not. It stings when you feel that one person is hurt or mad or upset. I don't know how to handle those items. Heartbreak is very real, and that's terrifying.

I don't know what I'm feeling besides worry, anxiousness, and stress. I don't want to lose my friendships, but I have no idea what's happening. I haven't been the most level headed lately, but I don't want to lose anyone else from my life. Heartbreak doesn't stop the heart, it just makes each beat hurt like hell.