How To Get A Healthy Start To 2018

How To Get A Healthy Start To 2018

Here's to a healthier you!
59

It's finally 2018, which means that a lot of people are thinking about their New Year's resolutions. If you're like me and are looking to make some healthier changes in the new year, then this article is for you. Here are some simple and easy ways to become a healthier version of yourself in 2018!

1. Try new fitness classes.

Spend the money and sign up for a new fitness class you have always wanted to try. Whether it is barre, spin, yoga or even mindfulness meditation, do something that interests you. Or, if you're lucky like me and your college offers free fitness classes, then try one out! You never know; you might love it and want to make attending a fitness class a part of your daily routine.

2. Do quick home workouts.

If attending a fitness class is not for you or you simply do not have the time, do home workouts instead. This could be from 10 to 30 minutes a day or even more of simple and easy workouts that can be done with just a yoga mat. This could be any type of workout that helps to tone your core and/or glutes and can be done without any equipment. Taking just a little bit of time out of each day to do these small workouts will really make a difference in your body!

3. Drink lots of water.

Either get rid of sugary drinks altogether or limit your intake. By strictly drinking water, your skin will thank you. You will find your skin looking much more clear and hydrated, and it will leave you with an overall glow!

4. Balance your meals.

It's okay to splurge and eat your favorite unhealthy foods as long as you make up for it with healthier options. Eat that cheeseburger, but swap out those fries for some healthy greens! You can still enjoy your favorite foods and stay healthy as long as you balance your meals with nutritious foods!

5. Make time for yourself/meditate.

Take time each day to do something for yourself by yourself. Whether it is going to your favorite coffee shop or simply taking a walk, do something that will relax you. You could even set a journal aside that is used for reflection. Write about things that happened in your day that made you happy or even things that may have upset you. Writing is a really good form of meditation and is very healthy for both the mind and soul!