Laughter is the best thing to have for a healthy relationship

The Most Important Thing For A Healthy Relationship Is Having A Partner Who Makes You Laugh

Don't be shy, burst out those cackles!

1409
laughing is the best thing for your relationship

Everyone knows laughing is good for the soul and body. No joke, Vanderbilt University Medical Center even researched the calories burned by laughing! There's a plethora of science-based knowledge that reveals the physical, mental, and social health benefits of laughing as it truly is the best medicine (laughing even lowers mortality rates)!

Hence, within a long-lasting relationship, making one another laugh is essential. Relishing in the small, everyday delights or hysterical bumps in the road keeps your bond tight and fresh—inside jokes always tie people together and those gags last forever. Seriously, the most healthy thing for your relationship is having a partner who makes you laugh.

I grew up in a household full of laughs and I can concur with esteemed author William Thackery, "A good laugh is sunshine in the house." My parents make one another laugh all day every day; thus, I observe firsthand how laughter can physically blend two people together. And, personally, I search for similar high spirits in my own relationships. My boyfriend and I are always cracking jokes, poking at one another, and laughing the minutes away, which uncovers not only the love we have for one another but the pleasure our attachment provokes.

Additionally, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are two lovers with an admirable, hilarious relationship. Although no one knows the behind-the-scenes details of their relationship, the couple always laughs with one another on various social media platforms. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, too, use humor to reveal their exemplary romance and many more A-list celebrity couples, for instance, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, are found to revel in a good giggle or two. Sharing humor brings two people closer, strengthening their relationship.

Being able to laugh together about life or about anything breaks down walls and assures comfort between partners. Ergo, their relationship is not just sexual, but a genuine attachment, bond, and connection are present. Communications researcher, Professor Jeffery Hall claims, "What's strongly related to relationship satisfaction... is the humor couples create together."

"Laughter bonds us through humor and play." — Robert Provine

Laughing is contagious—also known as "the laughing virus"—and generates positive, safe energy, which thus assures that your relationship brings about feel-good vibes. Relationships are serious and emotional but letting loose and making fun of yourselves is always a good option.

If you find someone that you can be sarcastic, silly, weird, goofy with, you better keep them in your life. Especially since to laugh with someone means you're genuinely "engaging," listening, and fusing with another. These are the souls that will engender bliss. Moreover, it's incredible when you feel secure enough with another being to open up and chuckle. Don't be shy, burst out those cackles!

Obviously, relationships go through ups and downs as life throws challenges at them, but to endure these tests, experts acclaim that playing with humor evidently helps solve issues: "People who incorporate humor and play into their daily lives find that it renews them and all of their relationships."

End of the story: couples who laugh together stay together.