25 Things To Do When You Need A Pick-Me-Up

25 Everyday Ways To Keep A Healthy, Positive Life

You are important, so take care of yourself.

41

We all have bad days. Some suck more than others, but the important thing is to get passed them. There are plenty of things to do to turn a bad day around. It can be hard to live each day positively, but if you do, your life will change. You will see the good things in everything and always have an ambitious attitude.

These 25 things can help you do that.

1. Listen to upbeat songs

Pop songs always put me in a good mood. If I'm dancing along to the lyrics, I tend to forget what was bugging me.

2. Show your appreciation

Saying thank-you and tipping when necessary will make you feel good about yourself because you could be brightening their day by recognizing their efforts.

3. Keep a planner

This will help you stay on top of your tasks and get your work done efficiently. Which will take some pressure off your shoulders.

4. Find ways to be creative

Finding a creative outlet like knitting or bullet journaling will give you something to do during breaks and on the weekends.

5. Spend time with friends

Friends know exactly what you're thinking and will help you get through any tough situation. Plus, they will always be there for you.

6. Surround yourself with positive people

People generally act and behave based on the people they are around. So if you hang around positive people, you will become positive, too.

7. Make time for family

If you're missing your family, take a break and go see them. They know you best and can always cheer you up.

8. Go hiking or biking

Doing strenuous activities can take your mind off any problems you're having. Plus, it's great exercise.

9. Take a drive

I love taking late night drives. They're great times to think about yourself and clear your mind.

10. Take on a new hobby

Taking on new things can allow you to join new clubs and meet new people. Which is always fun.

11. Adopt a pet

This one is only recommended if you have the time to care for an animal. Pets are loving companions that make life even better.

12. Go to the gym

The gym powers your body and mind. It'll give you a new outlook on life.

13. Drink lots of water

Drinking water will get rid of sugary drinks like pop and energy drinks. Your body is going to thank you, and you'll have so much more energy.

14. Volunteer on the weekends

This activity is going to make you feel better about yourself and you'll be helping the community. Win-win.

15. Go out once or twice a week

Going to the clubs and bars is always a fun way to spend a Friday night, as long as you drink responsibly and go with people you trust, you'll have a fun time.

16. Plan dinner parties

Getting to cook a whole meal can be fun and it'll give you great recipes for future dinners for yourself.

17. Treat yourself to some retail therapy

Spend your troubles away. You might have buyer's remorse later, but you can always return the items.

18. Spend a day in nature

Nature is always calming and serene, perfect for some time for yourself.

19. Get eight hours of sleep

Getting a full night's sleep is very important in having a positive attitude every day.

20. Make time for yourself

Having some you time is always important. It is imperative to helping yourself live healthily.

21. Enjoy your cheat day(s)

Cheat days are the best times to eat as much junk food as you want. Because the next day, you're going to work it off.

22. Read often

Reading books is always relaxing. Add a glass of wine and a snack, and your set for the evening.

23. Take relaxing vacations

Taking a vacation and traveling are great ways to check into your adventurous side and to meet new people.

24. Nap whenever you can

Naps are the greatest things ever, take advantage of them.

25. Start dating

It can be daunting at first, but you never know when you're going to meet "the one."