Pour Your Energy Into Friendships That Do The Same For You

Pour Your Energy Into The Friendships That Do The Same For You

You deserve the same amount of love that you are giving others.

38
Alex Martin

It took me a long time to realize that I cherish quality over quantity within my friendships. I have come to the conclusion that I deserve the same amount of love and energy that I am giving other people.

Sometimes I feel like I am one of the luckiest people in the world because of how caring and loving my friends are. They are always reaching out to me to make sure that I am doing well. They are wanting to hang out with me not because they have to, but because they want to.

I haven't always had the healthiest of friendships or relationships, which was very draining on my mental health. It wasn't until I joined Alpha Chi Omega that I realized there are people out there in the world who will do anything for me.

My sisters are so supportive and honest with what is going on in my life. They aren't afraid to tell me when they think I am involved in too much or if a boy I'm talking to is not the best for me. Although I may not want to agree with them, I know they have my best interest in heart.

There are so many things that we all tend to worry about and one of them is pleasing the people around us. Whenever I am around my friends, I never feel like I have to be ashamed of who I am. I am proud of my accomplishments, and I am proud to be friends with such amazing people.

What I am trying to say is that people are going to busy and people are going to want to spend time with other people. Yes, that means all of their time won't be devoted to you. However, find people who make you feel loved for who you are. Find people who will go to dinner with you on a Friday night because you had a bad week. Find people who will get ice cream with you just because.

I remember I was so hesitant to join a sorority in the beginning because I didn't necessarily like my all-girls high school. There was a lot of drama and a lot of cliques that always made me nervous about what would happen in college. I am happy to say that I have found my best friends and they have made me a better person.