My Healthy, Filling Smoothie Bowl Recipe

This Is My Go-To Smoothie Bowl Recipe I Make When I Need Something Healthy And Filling

Because why go out to buy one when you can make it from the comfort of your kitchen?

189

I love going to Playa or Frutta Bowls for a smoothie bowl when I'm looking for something healthy and filling. However, when you purchase a smoothie bowl from these places it can be about $10.

So, rather than spending way too much downtown, I decided to go to the grocery store and grab smoothie ingredients in bulk for $10-15! This way, you will have all of the ingredients and can make this meal more than once for the same price as it is sold to you.

I wanted my base to be a pineapple & berry, but feel free to swap out your favorite fruits. Here's how I make my delicious, filling, and healthy smoothie bowls.

Ingredients:

- A bag of frozen berries

- Frozen pineapple, or just one fresh pineapple (I used a fresh one and froze a couple of pieces)

- Yogurt (any flavor you like!)

- Milk (any kind you like: almond, oat, or just regular milk)

Recipe:

1. First, I took my frozen berries out of the freezer and poured about 3/4 cup onto a plate.
  2. Then, I stuck those berries into the microwave for 30 seconds. This does not melt the berries – instead, it defrosts them so they're easier to blend. You also should do this if you froze any pineapple (I used about 1/4 cup of pineapple).
  3. Then, I add all of my fruit to the blender with 3 tablespoons of milk and 2 tablespoons of yogurt.The key is to shake the mixture in your blender. That way, the berries are the closest ingredient to the blades. I usually let it blend for about 5-10 seconds and then shake it again.
  4. Repeat this 2-3 times, until the texture is smooth! Pour out of your blender and enjoy.

I usually will chop up some strawberries and pineapple chunks and put it on top along with some granola, honey, and a little bit of Nutella.

Hopefully, this recipe saved you all some money and you enjoyed it – bon appetit!