10 Lifestyle Changes To Make For The Rest Of Our Lives

Whether you're scrolling through Instagram or trusting Google to your health, health trends come a dime a dozen. You can sign up for juice cleanses and hot yoga, but there are some ideas that we should throw out the window and some we should keep forever. Here are 10 trends that absolutely need to shift from short term to the rest of our lives.

Being more thoughtful about consuming "whole foods."

Thoughtful Giphy

When trying to be a healthier person, living with the mindset of choosing more whole foods compared to processed ones can be better for you. Rather than thinking about comparing apples to oranges think of it as comparing apples to frozen orange chicken.

Understanding that portion control and moderation helps you enjoy all of the food offered to you.

Big Portions Giphy

It is so easy to eat more than what we should, but one of the best ways of enjoying life is having certain foods in moderation. Whether it is focusing on your Macros, counting and weighing your food, or comparing the size of your fist to the chicken breast on your plate. Being more aware of your portions can help you realize how to eat food, from broccoli to pizza.

Reading the signs from your body.

I Feel Great Giphy

Going off of portion sizes, another thing we need to take away is being able to read our bodies to understand when we are truly full or still hungry. It takes time and practice to healthily enjoy food, but also not eat too much where you feel like you have to be rolled out the door.

Wearing a smartwatch can help you take the right step towards your health.

Close Your Rings Giphy

You can find any sort of smartwatch that can fit your fitness goals and budget as well. These handy accessories are not just a fashion statement, they can remind you to get moving or that you haven't been active much today.

Make sure to have a "standing goal."

Get Up Giphy

Along with having a "physically active" goal, making sure you aren't sitting and being a couch potato all the time is a great trend to extend to the rest of our lives. You always hear that "sitting is the new smoking", but making sure we aren't sitting all day by setting a "stand goal" can also help us feel like we're living our best lives.

Being physically active is critical for any health goal.

Working Out Giphy

Even if you are not trying to lose weight, spending at least 30 minutes of being physically active can help you feel healthier and better overall. From bettering your heart to your overall stamina, exercise is good for your soul and glutes.

Focusing on shut-eye.

Sleeping Like A Rock Giphy

Something that everyone does, no matter how physically active or health-conscious someone is? Sleep! Sleep is critical for success every day of our lives, and a trend that should be something we always value is our sleep. Keeping a log or wearing a watch that tells you how long you were truly asleep can help us literally open our eyes to what we are like while we have our eyes closed.

Your gut is important too.

Gut Life Giphy

Making sure to take care of your digestive system with probiotics and healthier choices can help you feel better from the inside out. Our gut can make a big difference in how we feel each day, so we need to make sure to take care of this part of ourselves.

Practicing mind(fullness) over matter.

Deep Breath Giphy

Taking a deep breath or making sure to eat your meals without staring at your phone is helping you be more mindful about your life. Health trends are not always about food or exercise, it is about taking a step back to put yourself in a good state of mind.

Surround yourself with people who motivate and inspire you.

You Got This Giphy

Make sure you have a support system, whether it is a fitness enthusiast on your Instagram feed or having a group chat with your friends. Our world is more of a connected place now compared to ever before. Having that support system to give you ideas and motivate you when you're feeling like giving up helps make whatever lifestyle changes you make a little easier.

Ready to take on the world with these 10 lifestyle changes? Do it! See how much you feel differently, and hopefully, you can realize the importance of valuing and respecting our bodies from head to toe.