6 Health Tips To Avoid Catching The Plague This Fall

Everyone is getting sick but not you if you follow these preventative steps!

282

It's that time of year again: the fall semester plague... Ain't nobody got time for that! It's hard to avoid exposure when literally everyone around you is sick. Luckily, I am here to enlighten you with some tips to prevent getting sick this year!

1. Vitamin C

Vitamin C has tremendous immunological benefits. Everyone thinks of oranges when they think about Vitamin C, but there are actually a lot of fruits and veggies with more per serving! It's time to start chomping on bell peppers, strawberries, kale, pineapple, kiwis, broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts (if you don't already eat them on the regular).

2. Green tea

Green tea is full of the immune-boosting antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate, which is destroyed during the fermentation process involved in preparing other types of tea. It also contains amino acids that aid in the production of germ-fighting compounds in immune cells!

3. Vitamin E

Vitamin E is such an important vitamin that many people do not get enough of. In fact, I have even published a whole article on its benefits. One benefit of Vitamin E is that it plays a critical role in maintaining proper immune function. Foods rich in this vitamin include avocados, sunflower seeds, dried apricots, almonds, vegetable oils, and green leafy veggies (broccoli, spinach, kale).

4. Washing Your Hands

I know it sounds cliche, but it is true that washing your hands can prevent catching an illness, especially before preparing meals and eating!

5. Disinfecting Frequently Used Items

Keep those laptop keyboards and phone screens! Also, make sure to disinfect doorknobs, refrigeration door handles, light switches, and other commonly touched appliances!

6. Live and Active Cultures

Probiotics are the good bacteria in your gut and are useful in fighting off infection! They can be found in yogurts and fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh, miso, and pickles.