The Best Healing Stones And Crystals For Writers

Use the power of stones to write.

12964

Healing stones can be used to enhance all aspects of your life, even your writing. When you're a writer, you know that serious writing becomes both a lifestyle and a thankless job. It is full of ups, downs, distractions, writer's block, achievement, and an entire rollercoaster of other emotions. Whether you are an avid, career-focused writer or someone who just needs to finish an essay that you couldn't care less about, you just might be surprised how stones can magically effect your life.

1. Calligraphy Script

It's the obvious stone for writing, though it's not usually used for casual writing. This stone is known to help in lucid, auto-writing that could help you reach your akashic records (which read into your past lives). But calligraphy script can help make your own writing feel more lucid and open up your mind to inspiration.

2. Tiger's eye

Tiger's eye is a very popular stone used in magic and fashion jewelry. It is a symbol of strength and power, just like the animal it was named after. But it is also useful in building one's confidence and directing thoughts and focus, skills that are very important to a writer. The stone also comes in a variety of different colors including blue and red. Different colors have different additional properties.

3. Carnelian

Like tiger's eye, carnelian is known as a power stone that inspires courage. But carnelian also useful for its creative properties. It can be a powerful imagination and creativity booster, which is great for breaking a creative block. In writing, it can help with your creative decision making by inspiring perception and confidence.

4. Jasper

Jasper is one of those stones that comes in a variety of colors and types. Different types of jasper stones have different properties, but in general, it is a stone that calms nerves. For the emotional writer, it can help focus feelings so your writing is balanced between coherent and emotional. It is great for emotional drive.

5. Agate

Another stone that comes in many colors and sub-types is agate. They are perfect of the writer who has a wandering mind. The stone is great for concentration and is thought to increase a person's luck. Whether that is true or not, there is no denying that it is a very attractive stone that is popular for decoration.

6. Moonstone

Moonstone is a powerful emotional stone. It is most known for enhancing a person's intuition and psychic sensitivity. It can also act as a stress reliever and can help improve patience. Patience, though a less valued virtue, is a useful tool for writing.

7. Amethyst

Amethyst is one of the most popular and recognizable stones. Even people who are not generally interested in healing stones recognize it from its brilliant purple hue. It is great for both opening and clearing the mind. In creativity and writing, it helps invite inspiration.

8. Citrine

Often known as a “money stone," Citrine can help with more than just material goals. It is a motivator, confidence builder, and an energy booster. It acts like solid sunshine and welcomes happiness to the space around it. If you are working under a time crunch or are feeling blue during your work, it may help to write with citrine near by.

*CAUTION: Watch out for fake citrine. Some stores sell burnt amethyst as citrine. You will know if it is fake if the “citrine" is bright orange. Real citrine is more of a pale orange.

9. Celestite

Celestite is explicitly known as a creative and expressive stone. It is good for all avenues of creativity, including writing. It helps clear the creativity block and opens the mind for productivity. This is an ideal stone for the creative writer.

10. Peach quartz

Although clear quartz can be good for writers (especially if the writer needs to cleanse the space or clear the mind), peach quartz is even more excellent. It can be confused with rose quartz, but peach quartz is much harder to find. It is a creativity stone that is specifically great for writer's block and for expression through the written word. Even if you are not currently experiencing writer's block, it is still a great stone to have as a symbol of your writing.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.