Brock Turner Tried To Take A Young Girl's Spirit

Stay angry. Stay relentless.

16
pixabay.com

Does my body not mean anything, Judge Persky? Is the body not the most sacred and honorable thing a person could own, for a body bores the life and spirit of every individual. Our bodies are the only tangible and visible forms of ourselves. The rest of us, our minds hearts spirits and wounds are all held in our bodies. That’s why when you end the working body of another human being, when you take another human being’s life by destroying their body and working organs, that’s why when you murder somebody and violate their body you go to jail. You go to jail for a long time because our bodies are supposed to be the thing we can protect. We cannot violate and harm others' bodies.

But to Aaron Persky, my body is less significant. You could harm my body, take advantage of it, violate it in the most private of ways. It doesn’t really matter. You were a Stanford athlete? Hang with Judge Aaron Persky. It’ll do you good. Oh, white man as well? You know the fact that you’re white, upper class and male means this act was truly a mistake of judgement. Because you had to be raised better. And a mistake shouldn’t destroy all of your hard work.

Not like it destroyed a young woman’s body, spirit, confidence and security. Unfortunately, I’m a 19-year-old girl living in modern day rape culture. I have friends that have been raped, sexually assaulted, violated. But Persky don’t give a shit! The woman physique and body means nothing to Aaron Persky. And it for sure does not mean enough to ruin a fine young man’s future. Which is sad. Because I’m a girl, and Judge Persky didn’t just fail that young girl, he failed me. He failed us girls, women everywhere. Not only because another creepy rapist walks the streets in 10 months. But because through his sentence, Perksy undermines females everywhere. That you have to be really tight on it, you can’t drink too much or flirt with too many boys because damn you might as well be giving it up then, and if they choose to rape you at least you know why. Women have to be on constant defense of their bodies. Because it’s the best and most powerful thing we’ll ever own. I’ll always choose to be on the defense of my body and not resent the male species for it. Because it’s empowering. You want me in some way so badly, something about my femininity and the natural of it beauty attracts you so much you’re willing to just f*cking take it. I’m a goddess. You’re just a slimy thief. Even when you win, and you get what you want, you’re still a thief. But what’s a shame is that the young girl no longer feels her goddess. Instead, she feels crippled. You took the most powerful thing from her, the thing that can create life and end it, without her permission. You robbed her of her stashes of gold and her shiny pride.

Great job, Brock Turner, Judge Aaron Persky. Rapists 1, Women 0. But you will never take out our fire. We will remain goddesses, raising little goddesses who grow up to be strong and spiritual young ladies. We will learn to not let you take the goddess away from us, we will continue to hold and support each other, to listen and speak out for each other. Because the female race is like a giant sorority. We’re all looking out for each other like sisters. But maybe these events are the turning point of history. The conversation is furthered, people are angrier with each privileged rapist and criminal walking free. Stay angry. Stay relentless. And please, for this young girl and the thousands of young girls you know and you don’t, let’s keep the conversation going.