Why Police Officer Alan Horujko Is A Hero
Politics

Stop making this out to be something that it is not. Look at the facts.

49
Conservative Review

This is a bit different from my bashing Brock Turner, or best food places in NJ articles. This is however fully opinionated as usual and you all have the right to disagree with me. But get ready to hear some compelling points. This picture right here is of a young Ohio State police officer Alan Horujko.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F30%2F63616071143845289336159571_d9e97a6f-cc73-48b4-af69-a05517d55ece-large16x9_CopOhioState.jpg%3F1480376551761&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=520&h=d48282f844e1ba6767cdd25dc8a28facffc00e6694d2afa25a55074e8096eb6e&size=980x&c=2123528940 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F11%252F30%252F63616071143845289336159571_d9e97a6f-cc73-48b4-af69-a05517d55ece-large16x9_CopOhioState.jpg%253F1480376551761%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D520%26h%3Dd48282f844e1ba6767cdd25dc8a28facffc00e6694d2afa25a55074e8096eb6e%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2123528940%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

On Monday November 28 at around 9:50 am he responded to calls at Ohio State University regarding reports of a gas leak. While on the scene, he witnessed a car drive over the curb into a crowd of pedestrians and then stab them. Officer Horujko yelled for the suspect to drop the knife, but when the suspect: Abdul Razak Ali Artan refused to comply Officer Horujko shot and killed him.

Now I know with what has been going on in the news recently about police brutality one may look at this situation (without any facts) and think that a young white cop with an agenda shot an immigrant colored student, when in fact this is the furthest thing from the truth. This man is a HERO. Let me repeat that for the people in the back. This man, police officer Alan Horujko is a HERO!!

He responded within ONE minute of the calls. He prevented what could have been another Virgina Tech incident, another Columbine, another Sandy Hook. He saved lives. Because of his bravery all the students injured can recover and go home to their parents for the holidays. Because of him, unsuspecting students missed out on what could have been their last moments alive. He is a true hero.

For those who say shooting him was racist and unnecessary. What would you have done? Would you have asked the suspect (who was in the middle of attempting multiple homicides) to please stop what he was doing because it wasn't nice? He was caught in the act of something, he wasn't listening to the officer, he was threatening the lives of many students, and Officer Horujko took the necessary and proper actions he was trained to in a situation like this.

It is police officers such as Officer Horujko, who take their training into consideration, who don't act on feelings, but act based upon knowledge and the situation. This suspect could have been white, purple, orange, or a lizard. Whatever the case may be, the murder of Abdul Razak Ali Artan did not occur because the color of his skin, it didn't occur because Officer Horujko had a history of being racist or violent, it wasn't premeditated. It happened because a brave and intelligent officer was doing his job the right way, and unfortunately the suspect didn't listen and was killed.

I will take the time to thank Officer Horujko, for those who are too close-minded to understand that what he did was heroic. Thank you from everyone who has looked and this and knows the real story: that you are a hero. You saved many people's lives that day. Now it's time for us to support you. No one can make you out to be something you are not. YOU ARE A TRUE HERO. Thank you.