A Thank You To My Sister.

A Thank You To My Sister.

"Having A Sister Is Like Having A Best Friend You Can't Get Rid Of. You Know Whatever You Do, They'll Still Be There."

64
A Thank You To My Sister.
Photo by Jamie Taylor on Unsplash

Having a sister is the greatest thing in the world. It’s a built-in best friend, someone to laugh with, to cry with, to stay up all night with, and someone who just completely and totally gets you. Carol Saline said, “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” I couldn’t agree with this quote more. I honestly don’t know where I would be without my sister -- she is my anchor in this crazy ocean of a life. So, I want to say thank you.

Thank you for always helping me pick out an outfit, for reassuring me that it does look good even when I disagree, and for giving me clothes to borrow when I hate all of mine.

Thank you for always curling my hair and doing my makeup. I really should learn, but I love the time we spend together doing it (even if I don’t always show it), so I probably won’t.

Thank you for always cheering me up. You have seen me on my absolute, worst days, (I’m sorry for that), but you have helped me to get through each and every single one of them.

Thank you for always making me laugh. Our stupid jokes are what I live for, and I always appreciate the funny links you send at midnight for me to wake up to in the morning.

Thank you for dealing with my insanity. I know that I’m a lot to handle sometimes, and I truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your advice. You always seem to know what to say, whether I want to hear it or not, and you are definitely wise beyond your years.

Thank you for always being ready to watch Disney movies or go for a drive where we sing at the top of our lungs, and for correcting me on the song lyrics I improv.

To my sister, thank you so much. There are countless things about you that I am thankful for, this is just a start. You’re the best.

Love you always,

Your sister

“There is no better friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.”