12 Things You Understand If You Have An Older Sister
Friendships

12 Things You Understand If You Have An Older Sista Sista

The Elsa to my Anna.

138
Stephanie Cornejo

Sisters are something else. There are just some things only a sister will get and other some things you both would find funny. They can go from annoying you to dancing in the kitchen with you. They're your sister sister and you never knew how much you could miss them (especially when they go off to college.) There are those sister moments where you can give each other a "look" and know exactly what they're talking about. Then there's also the part where you can only understand what your sister is saying and everyone else just looks at you weird.

So, this one is for my (older) sista sista!

1. You might still be awkward, but not as awkward as she was.

Everyone goes through an awkward stage, it's not possible to not go through one. However, if you have an older sister you at least have somewhat of good fashion taste and good makeup. Just think she was all on her own when it came to hair and makeup at the awkward stage.

2. There's just some things you can only tell your older sister.

Sometimes your mom doesn't always get what you're talking about, so that's when you go to your older sister. She just understands because she's been there before.

3. You might as well be her personal assistant. 

Your older sister isn't Kim Kardashian, so she can't afford her own assistant. That's where you come in! You'll be the one fixing her dress or holding her purse while she tries to fix her makeup.

4. Thank goodness for your older sister when you first went to High School.

Going from middle school to high school isn't the same, so thank goodness for your older sister. She told you all the do's and don'ts. Also, she might have even done your hair and makeup for the first day.

5. She can change one thing about your outfit and it's better.

I guess older sisters just have that magic touch where they can take an outfit and make it 10 times better. For some reason whenever you try to change your outfit, it's not the same.

6. When you were younger she might've tricked you into doing stuff for her.

Turning everything into a game made it easy for your younger self to do things for your older sister. Now that you're older you don't really fall for that anymore. Looking back though, it was always fun games she made you play.

7. She wants your opinion and you want hers.

The truth hurts, but it might hurt a little more from your sister. Your older sister is the one that can tell you how it is, no lies here. She will tell you that outfit doesn't work or your hair looks bad. But hey it's all tough love, she just wants you to look your best.

8. Good luck to whoever gives you a hard time, your older sister is coming after them. 

So your older sister can say all that she wants to you and you'll take it, but if someone else ever says mean things to you, good luck to them.

9. Code words and numbers for everything.

There's a lot of things you can tell your sister and she can tell you. Sometimes though you can't say it in public, so that's where the code words and numbers come in. It's like a secret sister language.

10. You can make each other laugh till you cry.

Sometimes you just have a sister moment where jokes are involved and that's that. You won't stop laughing till tears are coming down your face. Other people might just look at you like you're both crazy, but it's a sister thing.

11. Sister fights happen, but so do sister dances. 

So she might've taken your favorite shirt without asking and now you're mad. But then she brings up an inside joke you have and you can't help but smile, then break out into your duet you just made up the other day.

12. She's your best friend.

As much as she annoys you, she also makes you laugh, cheers you up, dresses you like a fashion model and most of all loves you. Even though we want to stay mad at our sisters we know we never can.