16 Signs You've Found Your 'Person'

16 Signs You've Found Your 'Person'

Signs that prove he's truly the one.

985
16 Signs You've Found Your 'Person'

Growing up with princess movies and TV shows like One Tree Hill and Grey's Anatomy having to find "my person" is ingrained in me. But how can you know for sure? Is he really the one you'll spend the rest of your life with? Can you picture your future unraveling with him? While it may not be suitable for everyone, I've created a list of 16 signs I've experienced or felt that truly show me I'm done searching.

1. He's your best friend.

Not only does he show support as your partner, but he shows genuine love and support that anyone could give but you only want it from him. You don't feel as if you have to be that mushy-gooey couple all of the time because there's more to your relationship.

2. He makes you smile.

If he can't make you smile a little brighter and laugh a little louder then something's wrong. He should be the one that is able to turn your whole day around when you need it.

3. He's understanding.

You're going to have rough, awful, grumpy, bad days. Does he stand by you? If he does, he cares about you and wants to help you through it.

4. He celebrates with you.

He should get excited when something good happens to you and is the first person to congratulate you on your accomplishments.

5. He loves you without words.

It's great to hear "I love you," but it's even better when you can feel it. It's the little things like covering you up with a blanket or ordering a little extra food when he goes through the drive-thru because he knows you'll eat it despite you telling him you're not hungry.

6. Nothing is awkward.

You can tell him you don't feel well, you can tell him all your physical problems, you can snort when you laugh, and you can eat what you want in front of him because he loves you despite your problems, how goofy you sound, or how absurd you look.

7. He gives you space.

He's going to make sure he's the first one there for you, but he's also the first to know and give you the space you need. When you're cooled down he'll come right back to you.

8. Silence is comforting.

Sometimes you don't need words, sometimes just having him there with you holding your hand is all it takes to feel the love. That is truly a beautiful feeling.

9. His goals match yours.

Compromise is a big part of any relationship but when it comes to what you want to have happened in your future, there shouldn't be any compromising of your goals.

10. He's a gentleman.

He holds the door open for you, lets you order first, helps you across the icy parking lot, anything that shows he genuinely respects you.

11. He's your #1.

There's really no one you'd rather go to with big news because you know he supports you more than anyone.

12. He makes you feel safe.

Never ever should you question your safety, health, or well-being around a boy. He's the one that should be protecting you from everything.

13. He's a family guy.

If there's one thing I've found to be true it is that if you want to know how a boy will treat you, look at how he treats his mother (sometimes sisters).

14. He's a man of God.

Yes, people can become Christians, but you cannot expect that of anyone. You want someone that will help you with your walk with God so that you can eventually start a family on the right foot.

15. He's responsible.

Sometimes going to school can be considered responsible, holding a job, or maybe he's in the service. You just want to be able to see that he is able to take care of himself first.

16. You work together.

It takes two to tango. Despite the 15 other signs that revolved around him, you have to remember that there's two of you in a relationship. You both deserve great moments, but you'll both struggle with awful moments as well. Experience the best and the worst times together. Hold each other up, brag about each other, and never ever give up on one another. If you can do that then I believe you have found your person too.