8 Ways To Have A VSCO Summer In 2021

8 Ways To Have A VSCO Summer In 2021

Life is so much simpler when it's just friendship bracelets, aesthetic hangouts, and summer clothes.

16
8 Ways To Have A VSCO Summer In 2021

Oh, summer 2019. The vibes were immaculate and the heavily edited beach boomerangs were even better. After the cruel awakening that was 2020, and with vaccinations on the rise, I think the only way to celebrate is to bring back the VSCO era and let everyone have a safe and exciting VSCO summer 2021, and here are eight ways to safely do so.

1. Dress the part

Pin.it

Okay, so VSCO girls weren't exactly the pinnacle of fashion, but they knew how to prioritize comfort and ease. In VSCO Summer 2021, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy. Bonus points if it's summery, or you embrace the scrunchies and necklaces. But go forth with the cute trends of 2021 - I'm loving the corsets - or anything else that makes you happy. VSCO Summer 2021 is about loving your own life, and that comes with dressing how you want to.

2. Romanticize your life

weheartit.com

Do you really think any of the VSCO “goals" pictures are as fun as they look? No way. The secret is romanticizing everything you do. Hung out with friends? It seems AMAZING. Made something to eat? You're a chef and it looks delicious. Literally just got out of bed? Morning routine! Take everything you do and think of it as something wonderful.

3. Live sustainably

Photo by Giorgio Trovato on Unsplash

Everyone remembers VSCO girls getting mocked for "save the turtles!!!!" and using reusable straws, but good for them! Sustainability is in ladies, gents, and nonbinary friends, and you absolutely should prioritize reducing your environmental impact. Start small, like with reusable straws or bags. I've personally tried many types of reusable straws but my favorites are, by far, glass ones. Metal and rubber both can have weird tastes or fit oddly, but glass is not only tasteless and sustainable, it also enhances the drinking experience, as the straw adapts slightly to the temperature of the drink. (You can buy them here.) Living sustainably is a great way to embrace the VSCO spirit.

4. Do inventive things with friends and family

Photo by Artem Kniaz on Unsplash

Finally, finally, finally, people are getting vaccinated, and that means this summer will be a reunion of freshly vaccinated friends and family people haven't seen in ages, some over a year. The VSCO aesthetic absolutely requires fun things with important people in your life. Have a stupid backyard sleepover with friends, string lights, and make spaces cute, eat an all junk food dinner because it tastes good. In summary: do inventive things with people you love just because it's fun to do.

5. Embrace the things that make you happy

Photo by Antonino Visalli on Unsplash

Wear bright colors! Eat good foods! Dance in the rain! If you like it, do it. Implement it in your life. The real key to a VSCO summer is having genuine fun and creating a life you enjoy living. Life is much too short to not embrace the things that make you happy.

6. Take lots of pictures

Photo by Soragrit Wongsa on Unsplash

VSCO summers get their name from their photogenic nature. Glamourize everything you do and make sure to always snap a picture. If it looks lame, just edit it! VSCO summers should be fun and romanticized, and best of all, pictures will help you remember the good times and inspire you to keep up the spirit.

7. Lean into the summer aesthetic

Photo by Tyler Nix on Unsplash

It's summer! Embrace the warmth and embrace the sunshine. Things have been dark for a long time, and while it's important to continue to have difficult conversations, educate ourselves, and work to improve the world, it's also important to let in some light too. Life is a balance! One key to the VSCO aesthetic though is thoroughly embracing that summery spirit and really making your life warm and colorful.

8. Get the vaccine

Photo by Hakan Nural on Unsplash

Yes! The best - and only - way to truly have a VSCO summer is by seeing other people and making memories, and the only way to do that safely during a global pandemic is by getting the vaccine and spending time with other vaccinated individuals. VSCO summers are carefree and fun, and that can only happen when they're done safely.

Now go have an amazing VSCO Summer 2021!