I Hate You If You Did This To Me In Retail

Let's keep it 100: I think you're being a terrible person.

45
Twitter

If you've ever had a summer, seasonal, or a part-time job as a kid (or even now), it may have been in retail. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in July of 2015 twenty percent of the youth (ages 16-24) who were employed were in retail. So hands up if you're one of the twenty percent, because this listicle is pretty much for you. And we all just want to say

1. I hate when you come in to the store RIGHT. BEFORE. CLOSING. To BROWSE.

At this point, I'm done being nice to people. I have no life, and all I want to say is "Get your $*** and get out". Don't try to apologize either. If you're so damn sorry, learn the hours we're open!

2. I hate when you come to check on your application in-person, telling me how you came out of your way to do so.

Look, I get it. The money game is real. But I'm not the manager, I don't look like a manager, and there are TWENTY people behind you. Just CALL.

3. I DEFINITELY hate you because there is ALWAYS something wrong.

Oh, your 10 year old knives won't cut things anymore? You dropped your Tervis down the steps and now it is cracked? Let me replace that for you, free of charge. #AreYouSerious

4. I hate it when you bring all of your kids in the store and didn't warn me to bring ear plugs.

I love kids. They're great and they're the light of this world. But they can't run around screaming their heads off playing tag in my store. Get. Out.

5. I hate hate HATE when you leave your cart beside my register.

I am NOT your damn store maid. And neither is the customer behind you. Stop being lazy and just move it outside where you found it IN THE FIRST PLACE.

6. I hate you when you criticize me when I am ACTIVELY trying to save you money.

Yeah, I got the calculator out so I could make sure the coupons were adding up. Sorry my service wasn't under 90 seconds.

7. You deserved to be hated when you want me to throw away you sticky frappe cup.

No. No no no no no that's just so gross. Really, just ask yourself if YOU would want to throw away MY syrupy, slobbery cup.

8. I hate when you leave stuff sitting two feet away from its home.

Is it REALLY that hard to turn around and put the item back on the shelf?

9. I for sure hate you when you're on your damn phone.

It's just poor etiquette. Tell the person on the phone you're checking out, or remove yourself from the line and continue with the call. Obviously if the call is that important, you shouldn't be multi-tasking anyway.

10. I hate you (and think you're dumb) when you ask if my store takes the chip on your credit card, and there is a sign on the card reader you're staring at that says "CHIP ACCEPTED"

And I don't blame school teachers for not teaching kids how to read. I blame you for not being aware. #ThisIsHowAccidentsHappen

11. I hate it when you don't know what a gift receipt is.

I don't mind explaining it, but when you're just going to scoff at me afterwards and ask why you would waste your time getting one, I'm going to ask why you wasted your money buying a gift for someone you don't care about.

12. I hate when YOU get mad at ME when you forgot your coupons.

Stop being childish and taking your anger out on me. No, I don't have a coupon on me and I definitely would not give it to you anyway.

13. I hate it when you try every credit card before going to cash.

Seriously, if you're even doubting it, just give me the cold hard cash and save us all some awkward moments.

14. I hate when you yell at me when I'm trying to help you.

Yes, this store is big. And yes, I can show you where this item is located if you would stop letting your know-it-all ego get in the way and insisting that the item is out of stock.

15. I ABSOLUTELY hate when you feel that you need to talk loudly to me through the phone.

I assure you I'm a real person and I speak English, so there is no need to give me tinnitus.

And hands down:

16. I REALLY hate when you yell at my manger after they've tried everything to help you.

These people live and breathe this store, and for many managers it's their only job. They put up with so much crap already, so stop acting childish... over a razor. #CanIThroatPunchYou

---------

All in all, working retail can be great if you have the right co-workers/incentives, but sometimes the stuff we have to put up with is #crazy. Should you ever want to just punch one of these people in the face, just remind yourself that you're not alone in this materialistic world, and just walk away.